ORGANISATION/COMPANYAGH-UST University of Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Applied physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Krakow
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
We seek for a PhD student in the AGH-UST LHCb group for a special project: Impact of models for multiparton interactions in proton-proton collisions at LHC energies for the prediction of radiation damage of LHCb silicon.
Project leader: dr hab. Agnieszka Obłąkowska-Mucha, prof. AGH.
We offer special funding of the Polish National Science Centre for four years: 2 years 5 000 PLN and 2 years 6000 PLN and an additional funding for conferences and 6-months internship at CERN or in a similar research centre. Further subsidy (about 1000 PLN) may be granted by the AGH-UST Doctoral School.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The candidate should fulfil the following conditions:
- holds the master degree in physics, computer science or related domains,
- experience with c++ or python,
- basic knowledge of the silicon tracking detectors and particle physics,
- English language skills both in writing and speaking
- A candidate must join the AGH-UST Doctoral School and pass the formal exam: https://www.agh.edu.pl/en/doktoranci/doctoral-schools/agh-doctoral-school/
Submitting the application the following documents must be provided
- Application and CV with a personal questionnaire;
- Scientific achievements;
- Motivation letter (including the statement of current scientific interests)– up to 2 pages;
- Name and contact details (e-mail addresses) to two senior researchers who may provide a reference for the candidate.
All candidates will have an online interview at the beginning of July 2020.
EURAXESS offer ID: 531018
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.