ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité de Liège
RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Liège
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
OFFER STARTING DATE15/09/2020
HEC Liège is the management school of the University of Liège. HEC Liège is one of the leading Belgian university business schools for graduate and postgraduate programs with more than 115 fulltime faculty members and researchers and more than 3000 students. HEC Liège is a dynamic institution that heavily promotes an active pedagogy, leading students to contribute actively to their own education. The international vision of HEC Liège translates into multiple research activities in management and economics, numerous partnerships with worldwide companies and universities, and growing internationalization of its programs and faculty.
The school's commitment to, and continuing investment in, quality improvement has been recognized through the AACSB award and the EQUIS award delivered by the international accreditation body EFMD. HEC Liège also holds the EPAS award for each of its three main programs: the Master in Management, the Master in Business Engineering, and the Doctoral Program. The specialization “Banking and Asset Management” of the Master in Management has recently been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. HEC Liège is also a member of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
HEC Liège is located in Liège, Belgium’s third largest city, and the largest agglomeration of the Frenchspeaking Walloon region. At the heart of Europe, Liège is the third inland port of Europe and the seventh freight airport in Europe. Recognized for its quality of life and its rich historical heritage, Liège is ideally situated within the Meuse-Rhin Euregio, 30 km from Maastricht (the Netherlands) and 60 km from Aachen (Germany). It is less than 1.5 hours away from Cologne, 2.5 hours from Paris and 4 hours from London by high-speed train (TGV) starting from the new magnificent train station designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava.
A description of the HEC Liège work environment can be found at : http://www.hec.ulg.ac.be/en/hecliege/strengths-of-hec-liege.
The Operations Department of HEC Liège (University of Liège) is looking for a PhD Student-Assistant in Operations Research (optimization, algorithmics, artificial intelligence). More details about the PhD in Economics and Management are available at http://www.hec.uliege.be/en/phd/phd-in-economics-management.
Job description :
- Assist Probability and Statistical inference (Bac Block 2) and Supply Chain Management courses (Bac Block );
- Carrying out research work leading to a doctoral thesis in a field related to operations research at HEC Liège;
- Complete the doctoral training successfully http://www.edtgestion.hec.ulg.ac.be/;
- To be involved in the scientific life of the department (e.g., participation to seminars and international conferences).
Your profile :
- You have an engineering degree in management sciences or applied sciences or a master's degree in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, or industrial engineering (120 credits) (https://www.enseignement.uliege.be/cms/c_9096635/en/doctorate);
- You are interested in fundamental and applied research questions in operations research and optimization;
- You have teaching skills;
- Languages: French (teaching) and English (research).
Contract : Full-time appointment for one year starting on 15th September 2020 within the Operations Department. Part-time (0.5) appointment the next three years, possibly full-time depending on subsidy.
Application package :
Interested candidates should send their motivation letter and curriculum vitae by email to Prof. Célia Paquay firstname.lastname@example.org HEC Liège, rue Louvrex 14, B-4000 Liège before 15th July 2020.
EURAXESS offer ID: 530533
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.