ORGANISATION/COMPANYVrije Universiteit Brussel - MOBI
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK38
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an international and multidisciplinary team of 100 specialists. MOBI currently participates in 27 running EU projects and had 49 industrial research contracts over the past 5 years.
This position will be in MOBI’s Battery Innovation Centre (BIC). BIC has been involved in Battery characterization, modelling, thermal management research. Recently, BIC has expanded its research to incorporate battery assembly and fabrication processes, in particular, all solid-state batteries.
- Performing research activities in a newly accepted collaborative EU research project with 7 European Institutions and companies.
- Design and integration of innovative battery sensors.
- Perform and design battery experiments to acquire empirical data.
- Develop new modelling technologies to monitor battery states, using AI/machine learning.
- Identify battery degradation mechanisms through advanced sensing techniques.
- Innovate new solution of existing technical challenges.
- Publish research outcome in international peer-reviewed journals.
- You have an academic MSc degree in Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Material Engineering/Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- You are driven by scientific and technological challenges.
- Insight in the relevant technical field of electrochemistry is a must.
- Experience with modelling, simulations and AI/Machine learning or willingness to learn.
- Previous experience with Li-ion battery technology is an asset.
- Strong oral and written reporting skills (English).
- Team player who can work independently while carrying out complex tasks.
- A proactive, critical attitude and analytical mindset
EURAXESS offer ID: 530263
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.