ORGANISATION/COMPANYVrije Universiteit Brussel - MOBI
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK38
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an international and multidisciplinary team of 100 specialists. MOBI currently participates in 27 running EU projects and had 49 industrial research contracts over the past 5 years.
This position will be in MOBI’s Battery Innovation Centre (BIC). BIC has been involved in Battery characterization, modelling, thermal management research. Recently, BIC has expanded its research to incorporate battery assembly and fabrication processes, in particular, all solid-state batteries.
- Performing research activities in a newly accepted collaborative EU research project with 10 European and non-European Institutions and companies
- Process development and scaling up next generation Li-ion batteries
- Multiscale modelling of next generation Li-ion batteries.
- Modelling of transport mechanism in ionic liquid based Li-ion batteries
- Innovate new solution of existing technical challenges
- Publish research outcome
- An academic MSc degree in Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering/Material Science or relevant discipline;
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of Li-ion battery assembly.
- Experience with modelling and simulation
- Willingness to work on multiscale modelling
- Experiences stated below are not mandatory but will be preferred in selection process:
- Pouch cell assembly
- Comsol Multiphysics Software
- Dry room
- Self-healing behavior of electrodes
- Ionic liquid based electrolytes
- Good knowledge on experimental parameter identification techniques
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Ability to take initiative
- A proactive attitude in the projects (s)he is involved
EURAXESS offer ID: 530261
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.