ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Biochemistry and Biophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
The laboratory headed by Dr Ulrike Topf is looking for a PhD student. You will join the project entitled “How does ribosome heterogeneity contribute to cellular stress defense?” funded by the Polish National Science Centre.
Our laboratory conducts fundamental research in cell and molecular biology using yeast and C. elegans as a model organism. We are interested in the identification and characterization of mechanisms that help to maintain cellular protein homeostasis. For more information about us see www.topf-lab.org
The project aims to identify variations in ribosomal protein composition of the cytosolic ribosomes and the analysis of consequences of heterogeneity in ribosomes for the identity of newly synthesized proteins upon cellular stress. As a PhD student, you will learn biochemical techniques to analyse the process of translation in in vitro and in vivo system, learn to perform and interpret ribosome fractionation experiments and analyse ribosome-associated mRNAs in a candidate-based approach. Your participation in writing scientific papers, reports and presenting the project in internal and external meetings is expected.
Our laboratory is located in the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw (www.ibb.waw.pl/en) – one of the top-ranked biological institutes in Poland and is part of a vivid research environment within the large biomedical campus. The scientific interests of IBB cover classical biochemistry, biophysics, physiological chemistry, molecular biology, and bioinformatics. IBB possesses in house large facilities that provide support with performing mass spectrometry and data analysis, generation of oligonucleotides and sequencing, transcriptomic facility and fluorescent microscopy suite. The institute offers language courses including polish for foreigners to facilitate the integration of researches from foreign countries.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Master degree obtained within 2 years before announcement of the position.
- Master degree in biology with focus on biochemistry, cell biology, genetics.
- Has motivation for experimental work.
- Is proficient in spoken and written English.
- Previous experience with yeast research will be of advantage but is not mandatory.
- Full-time employment contract for 4 years in the amount of 3000 PLN/month (Netto)
- The position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Work in a young, active and international team
How to apply:
- Apply now to email@example.com
- In the subject include "PhD" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain:
- motivation letter
- CV including scientific achievements and a short description of research projects conducted so far including used methodology
- copy of Master degree
- List of academic grades, if available
- Letter of reference or contact details to 1 potential referee
- All documents should be merged in a single pdf file.
- Please include the following statement in your application: I hereby give my consent for the processing of my personal data by the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics PAS with its seat in Warsaw Pawińskiego 5a, 02-106 hereinafter referred to as the Institute for the purpose of the recruitment process and for future recruitment processes conducted by the Institute under Art. 23 ust 1 pkt 1 of the Personal Data Protection Act dated on 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 with further amendments and under Art. 6 ust.1 lit. a of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such GDPR (Dz. U. UE. L. z 2016 r. Nr 119)”
- The deadline for applications is July 31st, 2020. The job starting date is October 1st, 2020 (start is negotiable).
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview (possible on-line).
- Applications submitted after the deadline will be still considered if the position is not filled.
EURAXESS offer ID: 529964
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.