ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Silesia in Katowice
RESEARCH FIELDReligious sciences › OtherReligious sciences › Theology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Katowice
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKapp. 40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE announces the open call for Assistant Professor position (research and didactic position)
Job location: Faculty of Theology, Jordana 18 street, 40-043 Katowice, Poland
Number of available positions:1
Nr ref: 17/2020/NA/WTL
Key words: Patristic Studies, Patristic Theology, history of theology, Latin
Applications to the contest may be submitted by those who meet the conditions defined in Art. 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended).
- Conducting research in the field of Theology,
- Participating in research projects and grants,
- Conducting didactic classes on the long-cycle studies at the Faculty of Theology,
- Fulfilling organizational duties.
- a full time employment under the permanent employment contract,
- employment at the University as a place of primary employment (1.10.2020)
- up to 210 hours of classes per year,
- task-based working time,
- an opportunity for further professional development,
- a social benefits package,
- a group life insurance for the University employees, their spouses/partners and adult children,
- a private medical care as a part of an additional health insurance for the University employees, their spouses/partners and children,
- the Occupational Pension Scheme and the group pension insurance POGODNA JESIEŃ
- CV and cover letter,
- copies of the documents confirming fulfillment of qualifications (including copy of the PhD diploma or certificate awarding the PhD degree, Master degree or equivalent degree),
- a list of publications,
- other documentation confirming candidate’s scientific and didactic achievements,
- document that confirms granting of the canonic mission
SCHEDULE OF THE CALL:
- Application deadline: 15th of July 2020 (11:59 p.m.)
- Results of the call will be announced till the 15th of August 2020
Sending application in response to this Call means accepting the GDPR information clause.
Applications received after the deadline as well as incomplete applications shall not be considered.
The necessary condition for employment of the candidate selected as a result of the Call is their fulfillment of the obligation arising from art. 265 section 5, and 13 of the Act: Law on Higher Education and Science of 20thof July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended).
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELReligious sciences: PhD or equivalentLanguage sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESLATIN: Good
- Doctoral degree in the field of Theology,
- University degree in Classical Studies (Latin),
- Experience in conducting studies in the field of Theology, on the patristic sources of the II-VI century theology in the scope of Latin, with reference to the socio-theological contexts as well as specificity of the early Christian anti-heretical syntheses,
- Documented scientific achievement in Theology in the Patristic Studies from the last 4 years with the value of minimum 40 points (in years 2019-2020) or above 10 points (in years 2017-2018),
- Documented history of preparing grant applications or/and realization of grants in years 2015-2020.
- Practical skill of at least one of the following languages: English, French, German or Italian that allows for developing international cooperation,
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in conducting classes in the higher education institution in the field of Theology,
- Qualifications to conduct Latin language course,
- Proficiency in Polish that allows for conducting classes.
- Willingness to work in the team realizing the project of translation of writings of Irenaeus of Lyons,
- Willingness to be a research leader,
- Openness for research/didactic mobility,
- Ability to work in the research team,
- Canonical mission of the Grand Chancellor of the Faculty of Theology arising from the Agreement between the Polish Government and the Polish Episcopal Conference of the 6th of December 2000 on the Establishment and Functioning of the Faculty of Theology of the University of Silesia in Katowice.
EURAXESS offer ID: 529623
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.