ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2020 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting practice sessions and/or seminars at the Bachelor's and Master's level.
- Supervising students at the Bachelor's and Master's level.
- Participation in research and development activities.
- Popularisation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
Master's or PhD degree or an equivalent qualification.
- The assistant must be qualified to conduct seminars and practice sessions in the field of specialisation at the Bachelor's and Master's level and to participate in the research work of the institute.
- Experience and ability to teach in one or more of the following fields is essential: Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Data Visualisation, Big Data Technologies, etc.
- Experience in conducting e-learning is highly desirable.
- In the application, the candidate has to outline if they want to work part-time or full-time and which courses they are qualified to teach and what kind of teaching experience they have in the field.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English required; Estonian is an advantage.
Starting at 01.09.2020.
Salary: From 1500 € to 1800 € (gross) per month, depending on qualifications and work experience. The total annual payroll is 24 000-30 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
Assoc. Prof. Meelis Kull, firstname.lastname@example.org.
From 1.01.2021 the title of Assistant will be Junior Lecturer.
Application documents and notification of results
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: email@example.com; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St,Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Notification of results: The candidate will be notified of election results within two weeks following the election. The assessments drawn up in respect of the candidate and the documents specified in paragraph 5 of the list of documents will be returned to the candidate. Unsuccessful candidates can also request the return of documents specified in paragraphs 2 -4 of the list.
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 528156
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.