ORGANISATION/COMPANYISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONItaly › VENEZIA
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
CCHT@Ca’Foscari is currently seeking to appoint a Senior PostDoc (i.e. minimum of 3-year experience outside PhD program) with a solid background in Computer Vision and 3D modelling/reconstruction. The selected candidate will consolidate CCHT expertise in the development of next generation computer vision/3D digitization approaches applied to the Cultural Heritage (CH) and Digital Humanities (DH) domains.
The IIT Centre for Cultural Heritage Technology (CCHT@Ca’Foscari) of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) in Venice focuses on researching and promoting new technologies for recording, documenting, analysing and preserving Cultural Heritage in a broad sense (artistic, archaeological, archival, historical heritage). With its strongly interdisciplinary infrastructure, the Centre combines expertise from computing and conservation sciences domains, integrating these competencies to foster cutting-edge research.
- a Ph.D. in computer science or related field (with specialization in Computer Vision) and +3 years CV/ML experience outside PhD, OR equivalent experience;
- Experience in the 3D computer vision field (for example, but not limited to, 3D reconstruction from RGBD data, photometric stereo, structure from motion, structured light systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g. Python, C/C++);
- Experience in grant proposal preparation at National and/or European level;
- Interest in cultural heritage (applications to archaeology, art, artefact studies etc.) and, more broadly, Digital Humanities;
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
- Proficiency in English language (written and oral).
- Experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe);
- Competences in robotics;
- Strong track record of research publications in top tier conferences and journals (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, TPAMI, IJCV, IVC, CVIU);
- Proven interdisciplinary collaborations with scientific staff or stakeholders in the Cultural Heritage /Digital Humanities fields.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary commensurate to experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled. Please send your application to email@example.com quoting “CCHT Computer Vision 3D Senior PostDoc BC 77512” in the e-mail subject. Your application must include (as separate documents):
- a detailed CV
- a research statement, expanding on current and past research
- 3 representative publications.
- name and contacts of two referees
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the data you provide will be processed for the sole purpose of evaluating professional profiles and selecting them according to the needs of the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genova, Via Morego, 30, as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
We also inform you that, pursuant to article 15 and following articles of EU Regulation 2016/679 ("General Data Protection Regulation"), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (telephone 010 28961 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).
EURAXESS offer ID: 526571
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.