ORGANISATION/COMPANYacademy of fine arts vienna
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
The following position at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is advertised:
in accordance with § 98 Austrian University Act 2002 (Universitätsgesetz 2002) for the field of study Fine Arts in the department for “Figurative Painting” at the Institute of Fine Arts. This professorship is offered for a period of five years starting 1 October 2022.
We are looking for an internationally successful personality who has set standards through his or her artistic work and has knowledge of current art discourses and methods - especially of figurative painting.
Prerequisites for employment:
• a university or college degree or equivalent artistic aptitude appropriate to the position
• outstanding artistic qualification in the field of figurative painting and special consideration of a work concept that reflects painting from the point of view of contemporary art production, both formally and methodically
• internationally recognized work and professional practice in the context of contemporary figurative painting
• ability to develop and explore the arts within the framework of the Academy of Fine Arts
• competence to lead and organize the teaching in a department
• aptitude for artistic support and development of students
• submission of a teaching concept on the motivation, content and plans for one’s own artistic teaching; if applicable, proof of teaching experience
• willingness to cooperate closely with the professors and staff of the department and workshops of the Institute of Fine Arts in respect of content and organization
• willingness to participate in the committees of university self-administration
• willingness to participate in internal and public activities of the Academy as well as in interdisciplinary projects and cooperations
• willingness to relocate to Vienna in the event of an appointment
• very good knowledge of English and/or German and the willingness to learn the other language
• gender and discrimination-critical competence
The teaching commitment includes individual artistic lessons of 17 hours per week in the central artistic subject " Figurative Painting" in the field of study Fine Arts.
The monthly gross salary according to the collective agreement for university employees in salary group A1 is currently Euro 5,321.7 for full employment. The willingness to pay above collective agreement – depending on qualification profile – is given.
Interested parties please apply by 29 April 2021 to: www.akbild.ac.at/jobs
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna strives to increase the proportion of women in artistic and scientific personnel and in management positions and strongly encourages applications from qualified women. Furthermore, the Academy strives to create application and working conditions that are as barrier-free as possible. In this context, the Academy actively supports the application of people with disabilities. Applicants can contact the Human Resources Department or the Academy’s disability representatives in advance. Applicants are not entitled to compensation for travel and accommodation expenses incurred in connection with the admission process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 526061
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.