RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Aerospace engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › Computational physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK<40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER860909
TEAMAero - Towards Effective Flow Control and Mitigation of Shock Effects in Aeronautical Applications. The main objective of TEAMAero is to develop new scientific knowledge, capabilities, and technologies for aeronautics industry.
The researchers recruited in TEAMAero will investigate emerging technologies through laboratory experiments, theoretical modelling and numerical simulations addressing aspects of shock wave boundary layer interaction and flow control methods. It is essential for the development of future, more efficient aircrafts and engines. The aviation industry is entering an era of new technology and requires high-performance wings, control surfaces, intakes and turbomachinery blades, where transonic ﬂow is common and the formation of shock waves is the key aerodynamic challenge.
The multidisciplinary topics addressed in TEAMAero are scientifically challenging and of high technological and economical relevance, promising interesting career perspectives in academic and multi-sectorial industrial environments. The recruited ESRs will acquire a broad range of advanced and transferable skills within a unique, innovative, multidisciplinary and inter-sectoral training environment. Regular workshops, training schools and secondments to other EU academic and industrial partners will allow them to develop a broad range of valuable transferable skills.
A total of 15 PhD positions are available at 7 universities, 3 research centres and 2 companies, in the framework of the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network (ETN) TEAMAero.
List of available PhD / ESR positions, for details please click at the selected topic.
- Institute of Fluid Flow Machinery Polish Academy of Sciences (IMP PAN) - Gdansk, Poland
- Rolls-Royce Deutschland - Blankenfelde-Mahlow, Germany
- German Aerospace Center (DLR), Institute of Propulsion Technology - Cologne, Germany
- Aix-Marseille University - Marseille, France
- ONERA - Aerodynamics, Aeroelasticity and Aeroacoustics Department - Meudon, France
- The University of Cambridge - Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Technische Universiteit Delft – Delft, Netherlands
- The University of Glasgow - Glasgow, United Kingdom
- NUMECA International - Brussels, Belgium
- Universita di Roma La Sapienza - Rome, Italy
- Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse - Toulouse, France
- Technische Universitat Berlin - Berlin, Germany
TEAMAero Partner Organisations:
Airbus Operations GmbH
Centro Italiano Ricerche Aerospaziali (CIRA), Aerothermodynamics Laboratory
Dassault Aviation, Aircraft Engineering and Loads Division
Gdansk University of Technology, High Performance Computing Centre (CI TASK)
The positions are offered full-time for 3 years (36-months) funded by the European Commission.
Starting date is November 2020 - January 2021, depending on host institution. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the actual start date may be delayed at individual institutions.
The ITN programme offers a highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions. The successful candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers. The salary includes a generous living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (depending on family situation) comprising:
- Living Allowance of €3270/month (gross) to be paid in the currency of the country where the Host Organisation is based and with a correction factor to be applied per country. The exact (net) salary will be confirmed upon offer and will be based on local tax regulations and on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in different EU Member States). More information on the ITN financial support for researchers are presented in Table 1 of the Horizon2020 Work Programme 2018-2020 available https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2018-2020/main/h2020-wp1820-msca_en.pdf
- Mobility allowance of €600/month to be paid to all ESRs recruited
- Family allowance of €500/month, depending on family situation
The ESR will be contractually employed for 36 months by their host institution and will be covered under the social security scheme of the enrolling country.
All ESRs will benefit from further education including internships and secondments within the TEAMAero consortium (academic and non-academic partners), a variety of training modules as well as transferable skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences.
Applicants need to fully comply with four eligibility criterias:
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: The applicant has obtained a Degree that formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate at the host institution.
- EARLY-STAGE RESEARCHERS (ESR): applicants shall, at the date of recruitment, be in their first 4 years of research career (full-time equivalent research experience measured from the date of obtainment of the Degree entitling enrollment in a Doctoral School either in the country in which it was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited) and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- MOBILITY RUE: applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting institution hosting the ESR project for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
- English language: candidates must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training. English proficiency of short-listed applicants will be assessed during the selection interview. Specific language requirements may be set by the different host institutions.
- For all recruitments, the eligibility of the researcher will be determined at the date of their first recruitment (the first day of the employment) in the action.
To submit your application, please download the APPLICATION FORM and carefully follow its instructions.
CAREFULLY CHECK MOBILITY RULE, ELIGIBLE DEGREES BEFORE APPLYING
Candidates must fulfil and sign the Application Form, attaching all the relevant documentation listed (CV, University Degrees and MSc diplomas or equivalent with an official transcript of student record, English Language Certificate; please carefully follow related instructions available in the Application form itself).
The signed Application Form and all the above documentation shall be sent as a single PDF document (the PDF file name must include the reference to the selected ESR position and the candidate last name – e.g. TEAMAero_ESR-1_Nowak.pdf). If you are applying for multiple positions, please fill separate Application Form for each position and attach them all to you e-mail.
The PDF file must be submitted by email to the following address by July 3rd, 2020 at 23:00 CET:
- email@example.com (excl. ESR-12)
- ESR-8: Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- ESR-12: Applications should be sent to hosting institution (NUMECA) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications including all the required documentation will be processed by the TEAMAero Consortium Members.
For information specifically related to each individual research project, please refer to the contact person(s) highlighted in each ESR project description.
Candidates not selected for the chosen ESR topic may be contacted by other TEAMAero partner to inquire if they are interested in pursuing other topic within the project.
The TEAMAero partners do strictly adhere to the ethical standards of the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter
A strict equal opportunity, gender-neutral and internationally comparable recruitment procedure is implemented.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
The successful candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria for ESRs and have:
- a Master’s degree or equivalent that formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate at the host institution
- an excellent academic record in disciplines related to the selected ESR project
- strong motivation and ability to collaborate in an interdisciplinary and international team
- excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 523367
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.