RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Heterogeneous catalysisChemistry › Structural chemistryEngineering › Biomaterial engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringEngineering › Process engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
REFERENCE NUMBERINTERfaces ESR2
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER860414
A H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) early-stage researcher (ESR) position is available in the frame of the Innovative Training Network (ITN) INTERfaces where you will contribute to the development of novel biocatalyst systems which have active phases (organic/inorganic) anchored within application tuned porous ceramic based supports.
The ESR fellow position is funded for 21 months of which you will spend 50 % of time at recruiting institution and 50 % of the time as secondments in the ITN INTERfaces partnering institutions. The recruiting institution is a start-up dedicated to development of novel inorganic materials through additive manufacturing routes and is located in Zaragoza (Spain). Whereas, the secondments will take place at the academic institutions, Complutense University of Madrid (Spain) and Graz University of Technology (Austria) under supervision of Dr. Juan M Bolivar and Prof. Bernd Nidetzky, respectively. The date of recruitment is planned for January 2022- latest on February 2022.
In the frame of this fellowship, you will also be required to participate in the training events and workshops organized by the ITN-European Industrial Doctorates (EID) program. As a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) fellow, you are also expected to contribute your time in the dissemination of your work result through public engagement and other scientific platforms.
The ESR work will focus on:
(i) Development of suitable solid oxide material processing routes based on additive manufacturing for processing of different reactor configurations in flow.
(ii) Design of optimized ordered porous solid oxide structures to optimize mass flow in enzyme-immobilized catalyst systems.
- Eligible to get a doctorate degree at the School of Chemical Sciences at Complutense University of Madrid
- At the time of recruitment, the applicant must not have resided (or carried out his/her main activity e.g. work, studies, etc.) in Spain, for more than 12 months in the last three years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date,
- Master degree obtained not later than 4 years before date of recruitment
- no already holding a PhD degree
To apply for the position, kindly provide:
(i) A letter of motivation including a one-page statement of your research interests, relevant skills and experience;
(ii) A CV including publication list;
(iii) Names and contact details of three referees willing to write confidential letters of recommendation.
Applications of women and disabled persons are particularly welcome.
All materials should be attached as a single PDF file (max. size 5MB). The PDF file name should include ESR2, your last name and first name (using “ESR2_surname_firstname.pdf”).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
• An MSc degree in materials chemistry, biotechnology or a related field.
• At the time of recruitment, the applicant must not have resided (or carried out his/her main activity e.g. work, studies, etc.) in Spain, for more than 12 months in the last three years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date.
• Knowledge on materials processing and material surfaces functionalization.
• Knowledge of catalytic process design and characterization.
• Interpersonal skills conducive to team work and group research efforts.
• Creativity, high motivation and conceptual thinking.
• An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
• Fluency in English – written and oral.
EURAXESS offer ID: 522242
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.