ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversità di Milano assegni di ricerca
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Art historyLiterature
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Milan
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
The Fellowship implies carrying out the activities briefly mentioned below at Dipartimento di Studi letterari, filologici e linguistici dell’Università degli Studi di Milano and under the supervision of Prof.ssa Patrizia Piacentini within the research programme “ArchaeoMemory - Archaeology of Memory. A Relational Database of the Egyptological Archives as Research Tools”, of the activities mentioned below:
1) Recognise, re-group and make uniform the material preserved on different digital memory units that has already been digitalized in a manner consistent with the structure of the original archives (Collections Varille, Bothmer and Lacau).
2) Complete the identification and digitization of Varille’s Correspondence on the xDam platform with particular attention to its content.
3) Implementation of the digitization of the Bothmer and Varille archives. Completion of the latter is expected.
4) Analysis and digitization of the documents pertaining to the various collections (Varille, Bothmer and Lacau) and redaction of documents (files excel or similar) that can be reversed in the program of digital archiving that will be developed during the triennial project (PRIN objective).
5) Redaction of a bilingual thesaurus (English and Italian) following the analysis of pre-existing ones, that may be used as a basis for the archival work on documents and for an organization by subject on a digital level.
6) Physical ordering of documents according to the most current norms of conservation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: Master Degree or equivalentAnthropology: Master Degree or equivalentArts: Master Degree or equivalentLiterature: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: BasicITALIAN: BasicGERMAN: BasicFRENCH: BasicOTHER: Basic
Expertise in research area: Egyptology and Coptic
EURAXESS offer ID: 521988
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.