ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of philosophy and sociology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDSociology › Educational sociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/05/2020 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONBulgaria › Sofia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled experienced researcher to join a new research group at Institute of Philosophy and Sociology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, working on the project “Dynamics of inequalities in participation in higher and adult education: A comparative social justice perspective”, funded by the National Science Fund to the Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria within the National Scientific Programme “VIHREN” - https://justedu2020.eu/ The position is for 6 months.
We are interested in a broad range of topics revolving around the field of inequalities in participation in higher and adult education and their dynamics in a comparative international perspective.
Applicants are expected to:
- have research experience in the above described field,
- possess high level of statistical skills and
- be able to work with large scale survey data.
The experienced researcher will be encouraged to be actively involved in interactions with other members of the group. The working languages in the group are English and Bulgarian.
VIHREN fellowship benefits:
* competitive salary,
* travel budget for participation in international conferences,
* opportunities for collaboration with an international network of leading scientists in the field, and local experts.
Application Materials: interested applicants should send the following materials to
Please, use the subject line "VIHREN R3 application 1":
1. CV in Europass format (including a list of publications),
2. A short statement of no more than 2 pages of the applicant’s previous achievements relevant to the described research field and position requirements.
If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents are accepted from 05/05/2020 to 20/05/2020 included.
Every working day from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm at the address:
1. Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, 4 “Serdika” Street, Human Resources Department, floor 2, Sofia 1000, Ljubka Ilieva
or electronically at:
2. Ljubka Ilieva - email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
EURAXESS offer ID: 520386
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.