ORGANISATION/COMPANYIMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Art history
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Lucca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
History af ancient art; archeology; history of collecting; provenance research; museology
During her/his research period, the candidate must develop her/his research activities in the Museo Nazionale di Villa Guinigi. The candidate should contribute to cataloging and check the provenance of the objects preserved in the museum collection and study the collecting history of Villa Guinigi's collection, starting from an archival evidence based research. Moreover she/he has to participate in any dissemination, communication and data management activities.
The candidate must develop her/his research in cooperation with Museo Nazionale di Villa Guinigi direction and staff members and with the other research collaborators involved in the Palazzo Mansi project.
The candidate could participate in the IMT Research Unit Lynx research and cultural activities, in particular projects regarding history ancient art, cultural heritage cataloguing, museology and history of collecting.
The appointed candidate will be involved both in the agreement signed by Polo Museale della Toscana and IMT School for Advanced Studies and in the research project financed by Regione Toscana called "100 assegni per la cultura" including Tuscan universities and cultural entities. Candidates must show:
- An excellent knowledge of ancient art history and, in particular, collecting in ancient times and late antiquity;
- An excellent knowledge of the state of the art in the research field of this call;
- Understanding of the main issues related to cataloging and interpretation;
- Basic knowledge on museology and in particular on data organization and dissemination and public engagement related activites.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentITALIAN: Excellent
- A Master's Degree in a subject related to this call;
- Being younger that 36 years of age at the time of submission;
- An excellent knowledge of both written and spoken Italian.
- A PhD in a subject related to this call;
- An excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 514241
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.