RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › Soil science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/05/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Aix-en-Provence
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK18
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
Short-term postdoc position in Groundwater and soil moisture analysis using remote sensing
For the International Project entitled: “AQUA-IGNIS: The First City of the Last Empire: The palaeoenvironment of the Sasanian circular city of Gur (Firuzabad, Fars, Iran)” funded by the A*Midex Foundation (initiative of excellence of Aix-Marseille Université and its partners)
We seek to employ a Postdoctoral researcher specialized in remote sensing to study soil moisture
(short-term contract, %50 time). The position will be part-time for a 3-month contract (without any possibility of extension).
Duration: 3 months in the timeline between July 2020 to September 2020
The post-doc will be based at the Institut Méditerranéen de Biodiversité et d’Ecologie (IMBE) in close collaboration with the research team of Laboratoire de l’Archéologie Médiévale et Moderne en Méditerranéen (LA3M) both located at Aix-en-Provence (France), the two host laboratories of the project.
- Study the soil moisture and groundwater fluctuations in an intermountain plain (Firouzabad Plain, Iran) using remote sensing techniques
- Investigating the impact of current agricultural activities of the study area on the quality of the subsoil and water
- Collaboration with another postdoctoral researcher focusing on landscape modelling using GIS techniques
- Successfully completed PhD in geoscience (or similar fields) with an expertise in remote sensing and its application to soil moisture studies and familiar with GIS analysis
- Knowledge of basic soil hydrology and associated processes and interactions
- Ability to acquire, organize, and process large geospatial datasets using common scientific programming languages (Python, R, Matlab)
- Experience with hydrologic and hydrodynamic modelling and simulations
- Publication in peer-review journals
- Experience in working in international teams and interdisciplinary projects
- Fluent in English
- Good communicative skills
Please send your application (including CV, motivation letter and relevant publications) and pose your questions to the Project coordinator before 20 April 2020: Morteza DJAMALI (IMBE: firstname.lastname@example.org)
EURAXESS offer ID: 513573
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.