ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Vic (UVIC - UCC)
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesEnvironmental scienceOther
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/04/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Vic
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
BETA Technological Center is formed by a young multidisciplinary team of more than 40 researchers and is willing to incorporate a dynamic person who wants to be part of this project. We are looking for a senior researcher specialised in agronomy with experience in the fields of plant productivity, new crop systems and fertilization (nutrient management). It would be highly considered that the candidate has knowledge on digital agriculture and / or precision agriculture.
The selected candidate will participate in several European and national projects related to the production and use of bio-based fertilizers where he will have to be in touch with farmers, public administration and also other research entities at national and European level. The selected person will also be actively involved in the preparation of new proposals in the fields of fertilization, digital agriculture and precision agriculture in order to find new opportunities and promote this line, which is highly strategic and complementary to the other activities carried out in the center. Therefore, the person should have previous experience in project management.
As part of the H2020 FERTIMANURE project, the candidate will plan and supervise field experiments using innovative fertilizer products obtained from livestock manure. The main objectives are to evaluate the agronomic performance, nutrient use efficiency and the environmental impact of fertilizer products.
The BETA Technological Center is willing to incorporate a dynamic person who wants to develop his or her career in a dynamic center with many national and international collaborations and with a great territorial impact. The selected person will play an important role in the research line of soil and nutrient management, which is currently a highly strategic line with great potential for growth. For this reason, although the present position offers a contract of 3 years, it is expected that if the candidate fits with the philosophy of the center, it can be consolidated within the BETA team.
A 3 year contract is offered with the possibility of extension to a permanent contract at the end of this stage.
This position is partially funded by the H2020 project FERTIMANURE (Grant agreement ID: 862849)
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAgricultural sciences: PhD or equivalent
Doctoral degree in: Agronomy, Biotechnology, Plant Production, Environmental Sciences or similar.
University Degree in: Agronomy Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience in the agricultural sector, having worked in the field of edaphology, fertilization, nutrient dynamics or similar.
- GIS knowledge (eg ArcGis, QGis)
- Use and application of fertilizers: agronomic performance, nutrient balance, development of fertilization strategies, etc.
- Experience in field trials.
- Experience in working directly with farmers.
- Experimental design and treatment of results.
- Writing of technical reports and scientific papers.
- Ease of communication in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of digital agriculture and / or precision agriculture.
- Formulation of tailor-made fertilizers according to crop needs.
- Have been working in the private sector: fertilizers producers, cooperatives, feed production, etc.
- Prior experience in R&D project management at national and international levels.
- Preparation of proposals for competitive European projects (H2020, LIFE, Interreg, etc).
- Have carried out international research stays.
- Have been Principal Investigator of a national or international research project.
EURAXESS offer ID: 511072
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.