ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute ITACA- Universitat Politècnica de València
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Valencia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER860974
2 Researchers available in ITACA Institute (Early Stage Researcher), in the scope of PersonalizeAF Innovative Training Network (ITN), funded by the European Comission’s H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie programme.
The research will be focused in Technologies for atrial state characterization, Technologies for atrial fibrillation treatment and Decision Support platforms for patient management, starting the 1st of July 2020 for a period of 36 months.
The required formation is: Master’s in Electrical/Biomedical engineering, Computing or related.
These positions will allow the ESRs to enroll in the “Technologies for Health and Wellbeing” PhD Programme at Universitat Politècnica de València.
The ESR positions available are presented here:
ESR11: “Post-processing of ECGI to detect atrial drivers”
Objectives: The aim of this project is to develop reliable post-processing software that allows identifying atrial drivers on ECGI data from patients with AF. We will investigate the role of combined frequency, phase and temporal domain measurements in the determination of the atrial drivers, together with analysis of the cause-effect relationships on the propagation patterns on a database of 30 patients from FIBHGM. We will make use of convolutional neural networks to identify the most relevant parameters that allow for the identification of atrial drivers.
Expected results: This ESR will provide a validation of the postprocessing algorithms used in ECGI by simultaneous optical mapping data (gold standard) and simulated electrical recordings obtained on the inner surface of a tank filled with saline already available at UBx and study potential integration into EPSOL platform.
ESR15: “Multiparametric atrial fibrillation stratification”
Objectives: Current management of AF patients is based on patient’s symptoms and risk factors, but not on the evaluation of the atrial structural or functional state. The objective of this project is to propose a stratification criterion to select the best therapeutic option in each individual patient that incorporates atrial-specific markers in the decision-making protocol. we will use machine learning methods (including incremental online-learning) to identify sub-phenotypes of AF that are associated with better response to each AF therapy
Expected Results: We will first develop a software package for incorporating atrial-specific markers to the currently considered risk factors to predict success of the different therapeutic approaches employed in AF management. As a result, we will develop a decision-making algorithm to help selecting the best therapeutic option in an individual patient basis and taking into account gender related characteristics that accounts for the patient’s specific atrial substrate.
Are you interested? Keep reading!
More about PersonalizeAF project:
PersonalizeAF targets to deliver an innovative multinational, multi-sectorial, and multidisciplinary research and training programme in cardiac genetics, cardiac ion channels, stem cells, signal and image processing, computer modelling and patient management with the focus to investigate AF mechanisms with a translational-oriented approach, develop more effective therapies aiming at terminating the disease mechanisms, and finally personalize AF treatments. To achieve it, PersonalizeAF aggregates relevant scientific staff from 11 academic institutions, 5 university hospitals and 5 industrial partners that will guarantee PersonalizeAF’s ESRs and future PhD students following the same tracks outstanding Career Opportunities in the biomedical engineering sector and beyond.
PersonalizeAF will offer an Innovative Training Network program in which Ph.D. research activity and Academic formation are complemented by a international and intersectorial secondments, workshops and summer schools, providing each ESR employed in the network with a wide intersectoral and interdisciplinary background.
More info given in the recruitment section of the official web site of the project: https://personalizeaf.net/recruitment/ and in our Call for Applicants https://personalizeaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Call-for-Applicants-PersonalizeAF.pdf
Applications should be submitted by email to personalizeAF@itaca.upv.es. Applicants should fulfill the elegibility criteria described and provide the following documents:
- Application form
- Letter of motivation
- Copies of degree and academic transcripts (with grades and rankings)
- Summary of Master’s thesis (max. 1 page)
- Short CV including a publication list (if any)
- Two reference letters + Contact details of two referees which provide them
- Proof of language skills (if any)
- Passport copy
All the above-mentioned documents must be collected in a single pdf file, and then sent to the PersonalizeAF email address: personalizeAF@itaca.upv.es. Any other means/format for submitting the application will not be accepted.
NOTE: Candidates may apply for more both positions, but only a single application form must be submitted, in which the Candidate must say which position he/she prefers (ESR11 or ESR15) .
- The starting date (date of recruitment) will be July 1 st 2020.
- In addition to their individual scientific projects, all fellows will benefit from further continuing education, which will include secondments.
- ESRs will enrol in a PhD programme at the participating organization. All PhD enrolment Institutions have comparable requirements for PhD enrolment (Master’s degree from a European Academic Institution or equivalent degree) and for PhD completion (60-90 ECTS credits of research and formal education and 1-3 peer review journal papers accepted).
- The gross salary will follow Marie Curie fellowship standards. It will include mobility and family allowance if applicable. More information about this: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/sites/mariecurie2/files/...
- The contract will last 36 months.
- ESRs will be employed full-time.
- ESRs must be working exclusively for the action.
- ESRs will participate in the events organized by the Consortium members.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Before considering your application please check you are eligible as Early-Stage Researchers (ESR):
- ESRs shall be in the first four years at the time of recruitment (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and HAVE NOT been awarded a doctoral degree.
- All nationalities are accepted, but researchers MUST NOT have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment (short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account).
- Commitment of the fulfilment of a Personal Career Development. ESR’s work will be regularly monitored.
- One Masters Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants must show their ability to understand to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English.
- All the Applications MUST BE SENT TO personalizeAF@itaca.upv.es
- MORE INFO: https://personalizeaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Call-for-Applicants-PersonalizeAF.pdf
EURAXESS offer ID: 510114
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.