ORGANISATION/COMPANYCERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Business economicsEconomics › Financial science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/04/2020 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Geneva
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Are you an experienced Internal Auditor wishing to lead the internal audit service of a unique Organization? The Head of Internal Audit’s position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced audit professional who seeks to build on his/her existing experience through in-depth exposure to a broad and unique audit universe in a fast-paced international environment. Join CERN’s Internal Audit Service and contribute to its mission to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based, objective assurance and advice to help CERN accomplish its mission. Take Part !
- Lead the Internal Audit service (IAS) of three internal auditors in line with a plan approved by the Director-General and manage Internal Audit activities in compliance with the recognized standards of the profession, covering all of CERN's and its Pension Fund's projects, programmes and activities, including fraud investigations.
- Promote effective governance, risk management and control processes for the Organization and provide consulting and assistance to the Management in this area.
- Prepare a risk-based internal audit plan for the Organization and its Pension Fund for review by the CERN Audit Committee (AC) and approval by the Director-General and the Pension Fund Governing Board (PFGB) respectively.
- Supervise the conduct of assurance and consultancy engagements ensuring compliance with professional standards.
- Maintain a quality assurance improvement plan that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity.
- Oversee audit assessments and the production of reports to the AC, Director-General and the PFGB with observations and recommendations, and regularly follow-up on the progress made on the implementation of IAS recommendations and on their overall impact.
- Be responsible for fraud investigations and ensure that they are compliant with the Organization’s regulatory framework.
- Acquire/maintain an appropriate knowledge of the Organisation's activities and topical issues.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the External Auditors. Provide support to their mission at CERN.
- Assist the Chair of the AC in the planning and coordination of meetings and the preparation of the Committee's annual work plan.
- Network with other internal audit professionals and attend training courses to maintain an appropriate level of knowledge, competences and expertise as required by the position.
- Coordinate with other relevant functions in the Organization (HR, Legal Service, Enterprise Risk Management, Safety etc.).
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 06.05.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years).
Job grade: 9
Job reference: DG-IA-2020-56-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Principal Internal Auditor
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of auditing, accounting, finance or economics or a related field.
The following professional certifications will be an advantage:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Extensive and progressive experience in senior leadership positions, preferably in audit, investigation, evaluation and inspection functions in large institutions including, but not limited to, international organizations, governments, the private sector or non-governmental organizations.
- Demonstrated and recent experience in the function of CIA (Chief Internal Auditor) or deputy CIA in a large organization (> 500 employees).
Experience in the following fields will be an advantage:
- Fraud investigations.
- Pension fund auditing.
Substantive knowledge of the following will be required:
- Assessment of internal control, risk management and governance processes.
- Risks assessment for auditing purposes.
- Performance auditing.
- Compliance auditing.
- Financial auditing and IT auditing using professional audit methodologies.
- Working in the interest of the Organization: behaving consistently with CERN's values and goals; voicing support for the Organization and its goals.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; listening actively to others and lets others speak.
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely; adopting a pragmatic approach; finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available.
- Leading with strength and credibility: acting as role model and leading by example; using power and/or position in the interests of all; demonstrating authority and being accountable for decisions and effective functioning of the team.
- Creating vision and strategic partnerships: ensuring alignment to overall strategy when revising unit goals and priorities in the event of changing circumstances; demonstrating respect, diplomacy and tact with external partners.
- Spoken and written English: ability to speak in professional contexts as well as to draft texts for publications and/or official communications.
- Ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts, or willingness to acquire it rapidly.
EURAXESS offer ID: 508316
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.