ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/05/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Mathematics Department of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for
10 PhD positions, co-financed by a grant from the Luxembourg National Research Fund.
The successful candidates will be expected to conduct research under the guidance of professors (names and areas of expertise listed below), with the aim of obtaining a PhD in mathematics. They will also be expected to contribute to the department’s many activities, including seminars, teaching, outreach and various other research related events.
Our department offers an outstanding and dynamic environment for PhD candidates, with multiple seminars, working groups, colloquia, and a doctoral school which also includes access to multiple training opportunities, including some not only focused on mathematics. In addition, our modern campus provides excellent facilities, creating an invigorating research environment.
* Master's Degree (or equivalent) in mathematics or related disciplines. (The degree must be obtained before the beginning of the contract but you can apply before).
* Good command of written and spoken English.
* Strong dedication to doing mathematics at a research level.
PhD advisors currently recruiting and their research areas:
* Ivan Nourdin: Stochastic analysis, Malliavin calculus, theoretical modeling
* Hugo Parlier: Low dimensional geometry and topology, moduli and Teichmüller spaces
* Giovanni Peccati: Stochastic analysis, random fields and stochastic geometry
* Antonella Perucca: Number theory (algebraic, analytic, computational), arithmetic geometry
* Jean-Marc Schlenker: Geometric structures on 3-dimensional manifolds and geometric analysis
* Sarah Scherotzke: Algebraic geometry, representation theory, higher categories
* Bruno Teheux: Algebraic logic, universal algebra, order and lattice theory
*Gabor Wiese: Number theory, arithmetic geometry, computer algebra Other PIs in the project are Norbert Poncin and Sergei Merkulov.
* Letter of motivation, explaining the reasons for applying to Luxembourg
* A ranked list of up to three PhD advisors from the above list (with motivations for the choices)
* Full CV
* Transcript of academic records and copies of diploma
* Names of at least two references who are willing to write a letter of recommendation on the candidate's behalf (they may be contacted by us)
* Any other relevant documents
* The positions are funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (ref. PRIDE17/12246620/GPS).
* Administrative questions should be addressed to email@example.com.
* Scientific questions should be addressed to the corresponding potential PhD advisor (we suggest contacting the potential supervisor in any event).
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer and applications by women and minorities are especially encouraged.
EURAXESS offer ID: 508229
Posting organisation offer ID: 723514
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.