ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Medieval Research, Division "Historical Identity Research" (IMAFO)
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › ArchaeologyHistory › Medieval history
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/03/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: IMAFO032PD220
The Institute for Medieval Research, Division "Historical Identity Research" (IMAFO) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a position in the ERC SyG HistoGenes as
Post Doc (f*m)
(full-time/40h per week)
for a maximum of 5 ½ years probably starting from May 1, 2020.
- Sampling early medieval skeletons in cooperation with the Vienna project team.
- Entering of selected grave inventories into a database.
- Preparing a comprehensive chronological system for the early medieval archaeological material with particular consideration of the Avar period (6th-9th c.) in cooperation with Prof. F. Daim.
- Controlling of the inner chronology of select burial places.
We expect the applicant to have:
- PhD in the field of early medieval archaeology or historical archaeology.
- Multi-annual experience in coordinating interdisciplinary archaeological research projects and conferences.
- Excellent skills in the archaeology of the Avar period.
- Excellent command of German, English, and Hungarian.
- Competence in communication and team working.
Our offer aims at communicative personalities with a confident appearance who understand how to portray complex archaeological and historical connections clear and understandably and find joy in self-reliant work within an international project team.
A full-time employment, with an annual gross salary of € 54.453,- according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
Please submit your application including a CV, a statement of research interests, a list of publications and all relevant certifications via e-mail to Marianne.Pollheimer@oeaw.ac.at (mentioning Job ID: IMAFO032PD220) no later than March 31, 2020.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 505668
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.