ORGANISATION/COMPANYHrvatsko katoličko sveučilište
RESEARCH FIELDEthics in health sciencesPhilosophyReligious sciencesSociologyTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/05/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We are looking for a self-motivated postdoc with a strong interest in the ethics of digital technologies in healthcare. The job placement is temporarily for two years and is situated in newly established Digital healthcare ethics laboratory (Digit-HeaL) at the Catholic University of Croatia in Zagreb. The successful applicant will become a member of the new research group and will have the chance to work within the installation research project „ (New) Ethical and Social Challenges of Digital Technologies in the Healthcare Domain (Digit-HeaL)“ funded by the Croatian Science Foundation under contract number UIP-2019-04-3212. The newly established international team will focus on ethical, legal and social issues of the use of different digital technologies in healthcare e.g. artificial intelligence, big data and digital phenotyping using mixed methods approach and involving stakeholders views.
Therefore as a postdoc, you will be involved in a theoretical analysis of the ethical and social issues and empirical work using qualitative and quantitative methods. It is strongly desired to have previous experience of interdisciplinary collaboration. You will work independently but in close collaboration with the research group leader of the Digit-HeaL Lab and other members of the research group.
From the postdoc, the applicant is expected to have an interest in ethical and social issues of digital technologies. The postdoc will work closely with the principal investigator and other collaborating investigators of the project to deliver high calibre research results. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The date of the interviews for candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will be communicated.
- a temporary work contract for two years from 15 June 2020 until 15 June 2022.
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 1.607- € 1671
- diverse opportunities for professional development
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment
Copy of certificate of citizenship
Copy of academic degree certificates
Detailed presentation of research, teaching and other activities with supporting copies of documents
Police clearance certificate (not older than six months)
Application documents (please submit all documents in English or Croatian)
How to apply:
applications should be sent electronically until the closing date 18 May 2020, as a single PDF file containing all required documents indicated with a subject “Application for Postdoc at Digit-HeaL” at the e-mail: email@example.com, and by post at the address: “ZA NATJEČAJ” Hrvatsko katoličko sveučilište, Ilica 242, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia.
The selected candidate will conduct research in the ethics of digital technologies in healthcare. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Humanities (Philosophy or Theology) with a specialisation in Ethics, Ethics of Technology, Bioethics
PhD degree in Social Sciences with a specialisation in Science technology studies (STS) or Sociology
PhD degree in Biomedicine with a specialisation in biomedical ethics
- Strong commitment and interest in doing research in the Ethics of Medical Technologies
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative methods (SPSS and NVivo)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (minimum CEFR C1)
- Flexibility and readiness to work in interdisciplinary teams
EURAXESS offer ID: 505666
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.