RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/03/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKLess than 35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2020
The candidate will be able to handle all aspects of the Commissioner's work:
- researching items and locating the contents of the exhibition project;
- drawing up the list of objects, works and audiovisual content;
- researching the selected documents and providing all the information necessary for their implementation in the exhibition;
- drawing up the detailed exhibition programme for the institution that will host the project with scenographic intentions;
- drawing up a provisional timetable in agreement with the institution's exhibition service;
- work on the feasibility of the corpus;
- updating of the lists of contents according to the return of loan requests and the scenographic design;
- search for substitutes if necessary;
- drafting loan requests in conjunction with the institution;
- participation in team meetings with the production department;
- assistance in the search for patrons;
- participation in the selection of the team of scenographers if there is a public call for projects;
- drafting of all simple and developed cartels, as well as pedagogical panels;
- presence and follow-up during the museographic hanging operations (editing);
- collaboration with the institution's communication and public services; participation in press and cultural action operations;
- editorial coordination of the exhibition catalogue (selection of contributors and preparation of the contents, choice and monitoring of the iconography, proofreading of texts, monitoring of the layout in conjunction with the graphic designer and the publishing manager, etc.).
The result of this research will take the form of an essay-type publication.
The candidate will organize and lead one or more seminars to be held at the Institut National d'Histoire de l'Art.
The candidate will also participate in the writing of "tickets" (commentaries on works, interviews with artists) intended to feed the ANR Ruins website (currently under construction).
Within the framework of this post-doctorate with a view to producing an exhibition, the candidate will have to build up a vast body of contemporary artists in a variety of practices and media (photography, painting, video, etc.). To this end, he/she will carry out fund-raising by working on past and related exhibitions on the subject, both in France and abroad, while keeping a watchful eye on art galleries, art fairs, etc.
The ANR RUINES, coordinated by Stéphane Michonneau (IRHiS, University of Lille), is offering a ten-month part-time post-doctoral research contract for the year 2020 with the aim of creating an exhibition on the theme "The factory of ruin".
The ANR RUINES project proposes to analyse the evolution of the political and social uses of war ruins as the driving force and symptom of a regime of historicity characterised by the construction of war events as landmarks of an essentially catastrophic and traumatic contemporaneity. The central hypothesis is that the relationship that societies establish with the remains of war says something about their mode of relating to the past. The originality of this approach lies in its focus on large or medium-scale cases, which makes it possible to finely grasp the impact of the ruins on daily life, the multiplicity of uses, especially political uses, and the heritage policies implemented around these objects.
- Expertise in the themes of the exhibition and the research programme
- Autonomy and teamwork and adaptability to the constraints of the location
- Very good writing skills
- Fluent French and English.
The candidate must have at least one exhibition experience.
A doctorate in art history (mention contemporary art) with an interest in interdisciplinarity, particularly archaeology, will be appreciated.
The application file must include
- a curriculum vitae (including research activities) and a list of publications;
- a copy of the doctoral diploma;
- the defence report (for theses defended in France);
- the research project and schedule (in French or English, 10,000 characters maximum);
- a letter of motivation, in French or English;
- three significant publications on the theme
- a portfolio of the exhibition(s) realized with press review. The exhibition catalogues, if available, may be presented during the audition.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhilosophy: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: Basic
EURAXESS offer ID: 499145
Posting organisation offer ID: 14619
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.