RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/05/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Aalborg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Electronic Systems, a position as Associate Professor in Robotics is open for appointment from September 1, 2020 or soon hereafter. In the area of electronics engineering, Aalborg University is known worldwide for its high academic quality and the societal relevance of its research programmes. The Department of Electronic Systems employs more than 200 staff, of which about 40% are international, and about 90 enrolled PhD students. The Department hosts 620 students. The Department's excellent research infrastructures and facilities accentuate its global position in teaching and research. Department research centres around communication, antennas, control systems, signal processing, cybersecurity and acoustics. The Department plays an active role in translating discoveries and results into practical applications with industrial partners and IPR. Within its own subject field, the Department provides teaching for several BSc and MSc programmes using a problem- and project-based learning model.
We seek to appoint an Associate Professor in Robotics. The selected candidate will join a team of academics with a comprehensive research and teaching portfolio in the area of robotics and control engineering.
The position requires internationally recognized research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Autonomy for mobility and manipulation
- Human-centered robotics and automation
- Manipulation and grasping
- Planning, motion, force and compliance control
- Cognitive robotics
- Multiple and distributed robotics systems.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leadership and strategic direction and focus of a research program within robotics
- Research, including publication of results and supervision of research students
- Teaching with robotics on Bachelor and Master levels
- Acquiring research funding and coordinate funded projects
- Strengthening of our relationship with private industry partners within the field.
The successful candidate has demonstrated research excellence and recognition at the international level within the field; has proven international research collaboration (e.g. joint papers and projects); a record of research leadership; a record of income and funding generation; project planning and delivery; a record of academic-corporate collaboration; and a record of teaching qualifications.
A link to your unique research identifier (Web of Science ResearcherID or Scopus Author ID) which allows your publication and citation record to be studied can be attached.
By joining the Aalborg University, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally recognised academic. To this end, we offer career and personal development programs designed to support individual academics in their career goals.
You may obtain further professional information from Professor Rafal Wisniewski, email: email@example.com
The level of qualification for Associate Professors shall correspond to the level, which can be achieved on the basis of the appointment as Assistant Professor, but may be achievable in other ways. The appointment presupposes that the applicant can demonstrate original scientific production at an international level as well as documented teaching qualifications. Appointment to the position requires that both research and teaching qualifications are at the requested level. The two qualifications will be given equal and principal priority in the overall assessment.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 10 publications.
- Teaching qualifications described in the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed the applicant must include an explanation for its absence.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "Apply online" button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Lisbeth Palmelund by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+45) 9940 7553.
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force, teaching portfolio and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
EURAXESS offer ID: 497580
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.