ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Medieval Research, Division "Historical Identity Research" (IMAFO)
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/02/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: IMAFO018PD120
The Institute for Medieval Research, Division "Historical Identity Research" (IMAFO) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a
Post Doc Position (f*m)
(Full time/40h per week)
for a duration of 10 months starting from 1.3.2020 to 31.12.2020 (temporary replacement of a maternity leave).
- Independent research work within the working group "Formation and Transformation of the Carolingian World", with a focus on "Manuscript studies in the Carolingian period". Preparation of two related articles for publication.
- Co-operation in the editing process of two collaborative volumes.
We expect the applicant to have:
- PhD in the field of Medieval Latin Philology.
- Excellent knowledge of Historical Auxiliary Sciences (Palaeography, Codicology).
- Multi-annual experience as postdoctoral researcher.
- Publications in the field of Early Medieval Cultural History with focus on sematic developments of ethnic terminology, intellectual networks, biblical exegesis.
- Experience in the editing process of collaborative volumes.
- Excellent command of German, English, Italian, and French.
- Soft skills: Self-reliance, problem solving, flexibility, competence in communication and team working.
An annual gross salary of € 53.254,60 (full time based, before taxes) according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Depending on qualification and experience, the salary can be negotiated.
Please submit your application including a CV, a statement of research interests, a list of publications and all relevant certifications via e-mail to Marianne.Pollheimer@oeaw.ac.at (mentioning Job ID: IMAFO018PD120) no later than February 23, 2020.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 492035
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.