ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Bucharest
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/02/2020 10:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Bucharest
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
REFERENCE NUMBERPATCUL# 52/2018 PCCDI
University of Bucharest, Faculty of History, DIAAIA-CICSA Research Center is hiring 1 Scientific Research Assistant in Archaeology or Archaeosciences for a definite duration, until 31st August 2022, (project duration + 24 months), full time, under the Project “Multidisciplinary platform for integrative and systematic research of tangible and non-tangible cultural heritage and identities in Romania”.
- A challenging position in a dynamic and successful research team;
- Opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge;
- A well-equipped and pleasant workplace;
- Full access to research facilities of the ArchaeoScinece#RO Platform at the Research Institute of the University of Bucharest (ICUB).
The competition will consist in:
- Submission of a Cover Letter including your research interests (no more than 700 words) + CV including publication list and other research output clearly showing your expertise in relevant areas. The application can be submitted in English or Romanian;
- An interview in Romanian.
Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be taken into consideration. The University of Bucharest is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive our full consideration.
The applications (cover letter + cv) will be sent to e-mail address email@example.com until 25 February 2020, at 15:00.
Only the candidates who have obtained a minimum score of 7 at the submitted application can hold the interview. During the interview the candidates will demonstrate their knowledge of the research domain. The interview will take place on 27 February 2020, at 10:00 a.m.
The final score is calculated as arithmetic mean of the scores obtained for the application and the interview and must be at least 7. The candidate who has obtained the highest score among the candidates competing for the same position is considered admitted, provided that they have obtained the minimum necessary score.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: Excellent
Description of tasks:
- Acquiring the knowledge required to fulfill project tasks;
- On-going training and honing in the field of the position topics;
- Taking part in the performance of the research activities stipulated in the contract (archaeology or archaeosciences);
- Attending the work meetings convened by the PI;
- Taking part in the processing and dissemination of the results obtained within the project (e.g., presentations, posters, articles, chapters, etc.).
- BA, Master, or equivalent in field of Archaeology, History, Biology, Geography or Geology;
- PhD in this fields or to be enrolled in the PhD program;
- Interest in one or more of the following: field archaeology, experimental archaeology, bioarchaeology, geoarchaeology, pottery analysis, archaeometry or material culture studies;
- Strong interest in field, lab or experimental work;
- Field and lab experience in archaeology or archaeosciences (minimum 2 years);
- PC operating skills (word, excel, power point) and specialized programs in the field;
- Basic experience in working in interdisciplinary research team;
- Very Good Romanian language skills are desired;
- Foreign languages: English or French advance level (writing and speaking).
EURAXESS offer ID: 491875
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.