RESEARCH FIELDPhilosophy › Ethics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Kraków
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKFull-time
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
The Jagiellonian University in Kraków invites applicants for postdoc (adjunct professor) position in the project Deep uncertainties in bioethics: genetic research, preventive medicine, reproductive decisions (Acronym: BIOUNCERTAINTY), founded by the European Research Council (ERC).
Uncertainty is everywhere, as the saying goes, but rarely considered in ethical reflections. This project aims to reinterpret ethical discussions on current advances in biomedicine: instead of understanding bioethical positions as extensions of classical normative views in ethics (consequentialism, deontologism, contractualism etc.), my project interprets them more accurately as involving various normative approaches to decision making under uncertainty.
Candidates who apply for the post are required to file their application in “Centrum Administracyjnego Wsparcia Projektów UJ”, ul. Czapskich 4, room 118, 31-110 Kraków or by sending e-mail to email@example.com, the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Personal questionnaire (download from here)
- Copy of doctoral diploma or habilitation diploma.
- Report concerning main research areas, scientific achievements of the candidate, as well as research plans related to the project BIOUNCERTAINTY (no more than 3 pages).
- List of publications (including publishing house and number of pages).
- Information regarding classes taught by a candidate, if applicable.
- Reviews of doctoral or habilitation thesis.
- Form of the latest interim evaluation, if a candidate was evaluated.
- Opinion of the head of department or academic tutor on candidate’s suitability and qualifications for research and teaching classes – including results of students’ questionnaires, if a candidate was assessed in this manner.
- Statement declaring that Jagiellonian University will be the basic place of employment in the case of being employed in the competition procedure (download from here).
- Statement – in accordance with Article 113 of the Act Law on higher education and science (download from here).
- Statement regarding acquaintance and acceptance of intellectual property rules as well as legal protection of intellectual property (download from here).
- Information regarding personal data processing (download from here).
- A scientific text (an article, a book, a chapter), that a candidate regards as her/his best (published or accepted for publication – in this second case, please attach a letter of acceptance issued by an editor or a publisher).
Competition commencement date: 11 February 2020.
Applications can be filed till: 31 May 2020.
Decision regarding competition settlement shall be made within 30 days of the end of the competition.
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
For the post of adjunct professor may apply persons who fulfil the requirements stated in Article 113, 116 (2) (3) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on higher education and science, as well as in § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University, who meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold at least the academic degree of doctor or PhD has to be officially awarded before the date of competition settlement,
- their doctoral or habilitation thesis was given high grades,
- relevant academic achievements involving apart from doctoral thesis also other important works,
- active participation in academic life involving particularly presentations at conferences and symposiums,
- positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s qualifications and suitability for research,
- has at least one publication (published or accepted for publication) in an international peer-reviewed journal in the field,
- demonstrates an interest in the project topics (ethics, bioethics, philosophy of science, moral psychology etc.) and a readiness to engage in the realization of the project BIOUNCERTAINTY (no. 805498),
- good organisational skills, research independence, reliability, ability to keep deadlines,
- proficiency in English (proficiency of Polish is not necessary).
EURAXESS offer ID: 491690
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.