RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/03/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Kraków
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2020
Project title: Bio-inspired artificial neural networks. Project is carried out within the TEAM-NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
advanced approaches in machine learning such as deep learning show a number of undesirable features, such as forgetfulness, susceptibility to adversarial examples, the requirement for a large training set, and slow learning. Most of these features do not occur in biological systems, thus it would be beneficial to take an inspiration from them to help training artificial systems. The aim of the project is to analyze high-level behaviors of biological neural systems and to build innovative artificial models by proposing new paradigms of learning and new architectures of computational models.
The Jagiellonian University will run six research groups: Cognitive group, Physics-group, Machine-learning group, Neuro-group, BioDataScience-group, InfoTech-group.
We seek for a PhD Student of the BioDataScience group.
The responsibility of the potential contractor shall be:
1. analysis of large sets of neuronal data,
2. numerical cross-check of the models of correlations.
1. cooperation with the best machine learning groups in Poland;
2. scholarship in the amount of PLN 3 800;
3. possibility to cover the costs of participation in conferences and workshops;
4. access to computing infrastructure
1. filled in recruitment form (basic formal information);
2. curriculum vitae;
3. list of publications and ongoing research projects;
4. statement on the knowledge and acceptance of rules regarding intellectual property and legal protection of intellectual property;
5. documents confirming status of PhD Student (will be required when signing the contract);
6. statement of knowledge and acceptance of intellectual property rules and legal protection.
7. information about processing of personal data.
1. Candidates may run simultaneously for all positions offered by the project. This must be declared in the application form.
2. The decision will be taken by the Recruitment Committee (RC) established at the The Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University to 27th April 2020.
3. An interview is expected. RC reserves the right to invite for the interview only pre-selected candidates. We expect that the interview will be held on 20-24April 2020. The confirmation will be sent to the prospect candidates on 13-15 April 2020.
4. RC’s decision is to appear 27th of April 2020. The final decision must be approved by Foundation for Polish Science.
5. RC reserves the right to close the competition without selecting the candidate.
6. In the case of the resignation of a candidate recommended for the position of a Research Junior, or failure to receive the Foundation for Polish Science’s approval, RC will be evaluate the candidates, or may ask to publish a new call for the position.
7. The results of the recruitment procedure may be appealed by the candidates within the period of one week after obtaining information about the decision RC.
Web site for additional job details
1. a participant in doctoral studies run by an authorized university organizational unit;
2. knowledge of the time series analysis techniques;
3. programming experience or knowledge of Matlab;
4. knowledge of Python;
5. a good command of English (both in writing and speaking);
6. familiarity with neural networks and deep learning is a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 491669
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.