- FCT/UNL - CENIMAT|i3N
- Research Field
- Engineering » Materials engineeringEngineering
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- European Union / Next Generation EU
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
A position is open for a Research Fellowship for a Master under the project Sustainable StonebyPortugal - Stone, REF. C644943391-00000051 financed under Invitation Notice n.º 02/C05-i01/2022 regarding the development of projects within the scope of the Mobilizing Agendas for Business Innovation, framed and financed under component n.º 5 - Capitalization and Business Innovation of the Recovery and Resilience in Portugal.
1. Scientific field: Materials Engineering/Structural materials characterization
2. Admission requirements: Candidates must hold a Masters degree in Materials Engineering, Micro & Nanotechnologies Engineering, Physics Engineering, or related areas and be enrolled in doctoral programs or a non-lecture course. Preference will be given to candidates with training and research experience in the specific scientific area of the work plan, and with previous experience in Materials characterization. Documents attesting to this academic situation must be submitted until the contracting stage of the scholarship and may be replaced by a declaration of honour during the application process.
3. Workplan: The work to be carried out is aligned with the objectives of WP2 of the Sustainable StonebyPortugal, aiming for the:
- The. Synthesis of metal oxides by hydrothermal methods.
- Structural characterization of nanomaterials from a), with knowledge on X-ray diffraction.
- Photocatalytic tests of the materials developed in a) and characterized in b).
- Dissemination of the work done in reports, articles and technical-scientific conferences
4. Applicable legislation and regulations: Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of 27 August (Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow) and amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of 29 October, by Law No. 12/2013 of January 29, Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of July 9 and Decree-Law No. 123/2019 of August 28; Regulation of Research Scholarships of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. in force (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf).
5. Workplace: The work will be developed at the Materials Research Center (CENIMAT/I3N) of the Nova School of Science and Technology, under the scientific supervision of Prof Daniela Gomes.
6. Duration of the fellowship(s): The fellowship will last for 12 months, starting in March 2023, possibly renewable within the duration of the project (if the research fellow is enrolled in a PhD).
7. Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to €1144,64, according to the stock chart of the exchanges awarded directly by FCT, I.P. https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/Tabela_de_Valores_SMM_2022.pdf, payment being made monthly by bank transfer.
8. Selection methods: The selection methods to use will be as follows:
- Curriculum Vitae [50%];
- Level of knowledge and experience in the area of the work plan [50%].
If the jury considers it necessary, an interview will take place only with the selected candidates. In such case each of the previous items is worth [40%] and the interview [20%].
9. Composition of the Selection Jury:
- President of the Jury – PhD Daniela Gomes, Visitant Assistant Professor, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- 1st Effective Member – PhD Rodrigo Martins, Full Professor, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- 2nd Effective Member – PhD Rita Branquinho, Assistant Professor, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- 1st Substitute Member – PhD Joana Pinto, Assistant Professor. Auxiliar, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- 2nd Substitute Member – PhD Ana Pimentel, Investigator, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
10. Notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be notified, up to 90 days after the deadline for submission of applications, by email, of the results proposed by the jury, having access to the minutes. After notification, applicants will have 10 working days to decide on the decision, at a prior hearing of interested parties, in accordance with the Code of Administrative Procedure. The final decision shall be taken after the previous hearing period, again notified to all applicants by email.
11. Application deadline and form of submission of applications: The call for applications is open from 16th January to 17th February 2023.
Applications must be sent exclusively by e-mail, mandatorily indicated, in the subject of the e‐ail, of the reference “BI_Mestre_1_Stone”to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com within the deadline for their submission. The application must be instructed with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of qualifications
More info (+)
- Research Field
- Engineering » Materials engineering
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- FCT/UNL - CENIMAT|i3N
Where to apply
- FCT/UNL-CENIMAT|i3N - Campus de Caparica 2829-516 Caparica Portugal