ORGANISATION/COMPANYDipartimento di Scienze Umanistiche e Sociali Università degli Studi di Sassari
RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences › Languages
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/02/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
The research will be aimed to:
1. collect all the passages from Lucian's works that directly relate the emotion of shame with their artistic representation, in painting or in statuary art;
2. draw up a historical-archaeological commentary on these passages, which frames them in the visual culture of the imperial age and highlights the Greek classic and hellenistic models of Lucian;
3. trace a history of Lucian's ‘images of shame’ from antiquity to the Renaissance. The final aim, in conformity with the general project, is to write a new chapter on the representation of shame (and lack of shame) in the Greek literary and visual culture of the Imperial Age.
Eligible candidates are required to possess one of following titles/qualifications:
- PhD’s (or equivalent foreign qualification) in all relevant sectors of expertise
- Post-graduate (medical field) with an suitable number/quality of publications
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree obtained within the Italian pre-reform 4-year university course system, issued by an Italian University or an equivalent foreign institution PLUS scientific professional certification of research experience, for a period of at least two (2) years.
Failure to comply with the afore-mentioned provisions will result in exclusion from the competition.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:
qualifications and interview (in Sassari)
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 483845
Posting organisation offer ID: 167826
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.