ORGANISATION/COMPANYBiology centre ASCR
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/03/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › České Budějovice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We are a research centre with a strong tradition in biosciences focused on complex ecological, evolutionary & developmental aspects of LIFE and we open position for a Principal investigator at the Institute of Parasitology investigating single- or multicellular parasites and/or related organisms.
The start-up package includes:
- opportunity to establish own independent research group,
- up to 120 000 EUR (3 000 000 CzK) per year for 3 years (2020/2021 – 2022/2023) (including salary of PI),
- possible extension of the employment contract based on the evaluation,
- office & lab space, full access to central research infrastructure & equipment,
- opportunity to tutor and supervise PhD, MSc & BSc students of the Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, www.prf.jcu.cz/en,
- professional career development of team members,
- English speaking, stimulating & friendly international environment (HR Award holder),
- professional administration support and help with all personal, economic, legal, project, IT, and intellectual property needs,
- work-life balance in a historical middle-sized university city.
- Competitive salary
- Professional growth
- Employee Benefits (5 weeks paid holiday, Social Fund benefits, flexible working time)
- Friendly working environment
The Institute of Parasitology is one of 5 institutes of the Biology Centre, Czech Academy of Sciences, located in České Budějovice (Budweis), Czech Republic. It provides an interdisciplinary and interactive collegial environment and up-to-date facilities. Visit www.paru.cas.cz/en/homepage/.
If interested, please submit your structured CV (max 4 pages) & motivation letter with detailed description of your planned research (max 4 pages) to email@example.com before March 31, 2020. Interviews with selected applicants will be held in May/June 2020.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Competitive candidates are expected to:
- hold a PhD and relevant international postdoctoral experience,
- demonstrate a promising track record including publications & funding acquisition,
- develop an outstanding research program and have a strong commitment to excellence in science,
- find synergy with research groups at the institute,
- apply for international & national research grants (ERC, EMBO, GACR).
EURAXESS offer ID: 481014
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.