ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/02/2020 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK35
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
You will join a team of 6 people in charge of the mechanical assembly of high precision instruments and the supply of machined mechanical parts. You will take in charge the mechanical assembly of your assigned projects, together with the launching and follow up of subcontracted machining works.
Your main tasks will be:
- Assembly of precision mechanical systems, both autonomously and in a team
- Processing of small subcontracted machining projects
- Participation in the maintenance of two self-service machining workshops
- Preparation, testing and stock management of standard ESRF components (e.g. motorised mechanical systems)
These tasks include the analysis of 2D and 3D drawings, requiring excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes from cost evaluation of parts, through manufacturing follow-up to quality control of delivered parts.
The assembly activities are performed within an experienced team in a dedicated lab equipped with cutting-edge technologies and partly in clean-room environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
- You should hold a vocational qualification or technical degree in mechanics or a related discipline
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong ability to analyse mechanical drawings
- Good knowledge of metrology processes and manufacturing techniques using machining tools
- Good manual skills, with attention to detail
- Use of software tools (Word, Excel, Solidworks)
- Autonomy, method and rigor, including in writing documentation
- Ability to communicate in English (working language at the ESRF) and in French
EURAXESS offer ID: 480672
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.