ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Thermomechanics of the CAS, v. v. i.
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Prague
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2020
- research in dynamics and vibration of solid structures (numerical + experimental)
- research in fluid-structure interaction (FSI) (numerical + experimental)
- laboratory experiments in dynamics of solid structures and fluid dynamics (experimental)
- Creative environment and support from an experienced team
- Remuneration: 30,600-37,900 CZK BEFORE TAX (approx. 900-1,100 EUR AFTER TAX) depending on the quality of the candidate (experience, bibliometric data etc.) + bonuses based on individual performance
- Fair treatment, equal opportunities
- 5 weeks of vacation + 5 days of sick leave/year
- Subsidized meal and food passes
- Subsidized language courses – English, German, French (subject to approval by management)
- Own holiday and recreational facility
Application with a structured resume and a copy of the completed degree certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Patrik Zima). The received applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the set deadline and job applicants will be informed about its outcome by e-mail.
The length of contract is 12 months with an option to convert to a permanent contract.
PhD candidates are also welcome.
The provided remuneration is informative and it is subject to negotiation based on the quality of the candidate.
Please read all the requirements carefully before you apply.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- advanced knowledge of vibration and dynamics in solid mechanics
- knowledge of fluid dynamics
- programming skills - MatLAB, Python, C/C++ or FORTRAN
- working knowledge of numerical analysis with commercial systems (ANSYS, FLUENT, OpenFOAM)
- experience with conducting hands-on experiments
- ability to read, write and present results in English
- ability to contribute to journal papers
- ability to study new problems and independently perform assigned tasks
A succesful candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in numerical simulation and numerical programming. Candidates must demonstrate their experience in the CV. Candidates who do not fulfil this requirement will not be considered for the position!
EURAXESS offer ID: 474330
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.