RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences › Governance
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/01/2020 18:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Aix-en-Provence
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE02/03/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
We are looking for a bright Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Public Management to join the IMPGT team in Aix-en-Provence https://impgt.univ-amu.fr/. The position is funded by the EU Horizon 2020 project ‘COGOV’ and is a fixed-term for 8 months, starting on march 2nd, 2020. The position is based on a French full-time contract (35 hours per week), with a based-professional status salary.
You will be a member of the COGOV team –10 partners from across Europe - and will carry out qualitative research and contribute to quantitative research. This will particularly focus on local organisations implied in building local strategies. It will aim at exploring and sharing good practices on leading-edge experiments in new and more participatory approaches to public administration which are becoming evident across Europe.
- Develop and manage individual and collaborative research to deliver on appropriate packages of work within the COGOV programme
- Carry out in-depth case studies (mixed methods) about co-governance and engaging professionals and decision-makers in the renewal of public services in France with a focus on the cultural field (WP5). This post doc will focus on the quantitative sequence whose objective is to identify the tools that promote the intention to participate in the co-construction strategy
- Contribute to produce detailed reports and journal articles on the analysis of the case studies
- Contribute to the project team in the development of a toolkit for public leaders and public organisations and delivery of dissemination opportunities and events
- Collaborate with COGOV teams and partners as required and contribute to relevant meetings, conferences and web site development as planned within the project
Specific Requirements :
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent with substantial research experience demonstrated by a strong research profile
- PhD in a relevant subject area (public policy, consumer behavior … using quantitative methods). Papers and articles using quantitative methods may be complementary.
- Extensive knowledge in public administration/public policy or extensive knowledge in consumer behavior.
- Has already practiced quantitative methods: model testing, experiments... with SPSS and AMOS
- Knowledge of the wider EU policy/administrative context can be an asset
- Specialist subject expertise in the area of professionals and/or labour market/social policy
- Good academic standing in the discipline, commensurate with the title of Post-Doctoral Research Assistant
- Able to use initiative to resolve problems by applying creativity to identify practical options and devise varied solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French, allowing the individual to understand and convey information that requires careful interpretation and explanation
- Excellent quantitative research skills. If the candidate has already used mixed methods, this will be a considerable asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to initiate, develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Experience of publishing quality research outputs
- Be prepared to work in a flexible manner to deliver both individual and team research objectives
Work location :
21, rue Gaston de Saporta
Send a CV, a motivation letter and work paper (thesis, article, papers with quantitative methods) to:
Application deadline on January 15th .
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: ExcellentENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 473342
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.