ORGANISATION/COMPANYUNIVERSITY POMPEU FABRA
RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciences › Audiovisual communicationCommunication sciences › Media studiesCommunication sciences › OtherCommunication sciences › Science communication
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/02/2020 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
The Department of Communication at Pompeu Fabra University has begun a selection process to cover a temporary contract of 5 years of full-time teaching for a professional with a teaching and research profile in Interactive Communication. Upon submitting the application, applicants must present proof of their PhD qualification as well as excellent research potential, with internationally disseminated publications, and the ability to teach and coordinate university teaching.
Financial conditions include a gross annual salary of approximately €38,000, plus initial funding of approximately €20,000 for research work.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree, preferably in one of the following areas of knowledge: audiovisual communication, information sciences, journalism, advertising and public relations or graphic design. If this qualification was obtained at UPF, candidates must demonstrate academic dissociation of 24 months from the date of obtaining the degree. Furthermore, additional postgraduate training in the field of ICT, Social Sciences and Humanities will be highly valued.
The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in research related to Interactive Communication. Also, all of the experience of the candidates in teaching and output will be evaluated. Such research and output will be especially valued if it is related to:
- Experience in devising and creating interactive products, with particular emphasis on Interactive Communication products associated with documentary, journalistic, cultural, or educational narrative.
- Experience in devising and creating experimental Interactive Communication products.
- Experience in devising and creating innovative interactive narratives.
- Experience in prototyping and developing information products or services.
- Experience in multimedia projects with special emphasis on aspects related to data visualization and interface design.
- Experience in design processes based on user experience (UX).
- Participation in international projects, dealing with research and/or production, in the areas mentioned.
- Leadership and team management skills.
The candidate must have a thorough command of the English language. In addition, knowledge of Spanish, Catalan or other languages will be positively valued.
Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) has adopted the tenure-track system to attract and retain talent. The tenure-track contract has a fixed term of five years. A year before the contract expires, the candidate will be evaluated by the Communication Department Teaching Staff Committee. If the evaluation is negative, the candidate will not be eligible to continue at the Department of Communication at UPF once their fifth year of the tenure-track contract has elapsed. However, if the evaluation is positive, the candidate may apply for a permanent position. Therefore, before the end of their tenure-track contract, the applicant must obtain accreditation from the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU) to enable them to participate in the competition for a permanent position. Candidates can obtain further information on this procedure on the AQU website.
The evaluation criteria that will be applied to assess the candidate’s activity until their fourth year of the contract are:
- Research quality and productivity
- Research leadership
- International outreach
- Quality of the teaching given
- Involvement in the running and management of the Department and/or the Dean’s office (participation on committees, etc.)
- Five-year contract with opportunities for permanent stabilization.
- The gross annual salary is €38,000.
- Initial provision of €20,000 for research work.
The selection process is divided into two stages. The first assesses the specific merits of each candidate for which their physical presence will not be required. The best candidates selected in the first stage will be invited to participate in the second stage, which will consist of a public seminar which candidates must attend.
To participate in this call, candidates must submit the following documents in English and in PDF format by email to email@example.com quoting reference number 2019-UCACOMTT01 in the subject:
Documents to be submitted for the first stage of the selection process (required to participate in the selection process):
- Doctorate. Copy of the degree or the receipt confirming having applied for it.
- Unabridged CV.
- Report on the applicant’s background as a researcher in the field of Interactive Communication (up to two pages).
- Report on the applicant’s background as a lecturer in the field of Interactive Communication (up to two pages).
- Report on the candidate’s output in the field of Interactive Communication.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Documents to be submitted for the second stage of the selection process (only to those candidates who have passed the first stage):
- A research project in Interactive Communication that will be carried out, hypothetically, in the following five years (up to two pages).
- A teaching project in Interactive Communication that will be carried out, hypothetically, in the following five years (up to two pages).
Department of Communication gender equality policy:
As part of its gender equality policy, the Department of Communication encourages applications by women
EURAXESS offer ID: 472386
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.