ORGANISATION/COMPANYINCLIVA Biomedical Research Institute
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Valencia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER860627
Candidates are invited for a full-time Early Stage Researcher/Phd student position within the EU-funded Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network, "CLARIFY - Cloud ARtificial Intelligence For pathologY".
This position is one of the 12 ESR positions of the CLARIFY project. CLARIFY is an innovative, multinational, multi-sectorial, and multidisciplinary research and training programme that links two highly differentiated specialities: engineering and medicine, with a focus on digital pathology. For more information visit www.clarify-project.eu.
ESR12's Project Title: Analysis of the implementation of AI algorithms in the evaluation of spitzoid melanocytic tumours for diagnosis and prognosis.
Objectives: To study, by image analysis, the histopathological patterns and clues of spitzoid melanocytic tumours, together with immunohistochemical, genetic and clinical information, in order to improve and make more reproducible and prognostically useful the diagnosis and classification of this challenging group of cutaneous neoplasms.
The early researcher will be focused on the development of different clinical assistance tools for digital pathology. Three applications will be tested: an image retrieval system (description of the cloud-based platform developed able to manage large amounts of data referencing WSI with relevant metadata,) an annotation tool (User-friendly web-based application that allows WSI navigation and annotation by experts) and a computer aided diagnosis system in order to distinguish between different types of cancers related to the same pathology. All of them will be applied to Whole Slide Images of cutaneous Spitzoid melanocytic tumours.
Planned secondments: The ESR will have her/his main workplace at INCLIVA and Universitat de Valencia, but mandatory secondment periods at different partner institutions are also required:
ROCHE, Spain (3 stays- months M11, M24, M34): Implementation of image analysis for cancer diagnosis and prognosis; Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands (3 stays-months M14-M16): Histopathology and molecular pathology; Stavanger University Hospital, Norway (2 stays- months M27-M28): Whole Slide Imaging ROI selection and digitalization work flow.
Full-time 3-year contract with a highly competitive and attractive salary according to regulations of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions for Early Stage Researchers.
Enrolment in Doctoral degree(s): ESR12 will enrol in biomedical research doctoral programme at UVEG.
Mobility allowance. Contribution to household, relocation and travel expenses to/from home country.
Family allowance (if applicable). Cost of moving with the family to the recruitment country. Family’ means persons linked to the researcher by marriage (or a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the legislation of the country where this relationship was formalised) or dependent children who are actually being maintained by the researcher.
Applicants, at the date of recruitment, must comply with the following conditions:
1. be in the first four years* of her/his research career and not have a doctoral degree.
2. not have resided in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country).
* is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited. Master students who finish the master in 2019-2020 could apply for CLARIFY position if they include a letter of commitment to ensure the master's conclusion in 2019-2020 and their enrolment in a PhD program in 2020-2021. The breach of this commitment will be grounds for contract termination.
The selective system will consist of the following phases:
a) Merit Valuation Phase and Compliance with the requirements established in the call. Only candidates who have met the essential requirements will be considered.
b) Skills Assessment and interview phase.
After the first phase of merit assessment, candidates selected will proceed with the skills assessment and interview phase.
Documents for the application:
- Job application form (download in website)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Written and signed Demonstration of the requirements stated in the job offer (download in website)
- Copy of DNI, NIE, Passport
- Other relevant information (references, qualifications, etc.)
Résumés and lists of achievement for job calls cannot be submitted electronically. Your documentation must be presented at the INCLIVA Foundation Registry Desk (Registro de la Fundación INCLIVA, Avda. Menéndez Pelayo, 4 acc. 46010 Valencia) or sent by registered mail to the same address.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Bachelor in Medicine/Physician
- Medical specialist in Anatomic Pathology/Pathology
Merits to quantify in the selection process (0-14 points):
- Working experience in Dermatopathology:: 0,75 points per year up to 3 points. Periods less than one year will be prorated of full months.
- Proved experience in Digital Pathology (1 point per year up to 2 points. Periods less than one year will be prorated of full months.
- Proven experience in application of Artificial Intelligence to Pathology. (1 point per year up to 2 point. Periods of less than one year will be prorated of full months).
- Publications on Dermatopathology/Pathology/Digital Pathology (0.2 points per publication up to 2 points).
- English level (B2 = 0.5 points, C1 or superior= 1 point).
- Personal interview (0-2 points).
- Certified disability (disability equal to or greater than 33%, 2 points).
EURAXESS offer ID: 472333
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.