ORGANISATION/COMPANYRoyal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studiesEconomicsMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/02/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Den Haag
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
For the Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI-KNAW), the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) is looking for an internationally recognised and authoritative scientist from the broad field of demography with a wide-ranging vision of science, an excellent network and good management qualities.
- You will have ultimate responsibility for the general and day-to-day management of the Institute. As such, you will be responsible for the course adopted by the Institute, in line with the strategy of the Academy.
- ou will ensure that NIDI will continue to be a leading international institute with national added value, where scientific talent flourishes.
- In consultation with the four theme leaders, you will identify important developments in science and society, both in the Netherlands and elsewhere, and respond effectively to them.
- In consultation with the four theme leaders, you will develop a clear vision of the NIDI's profile and future development as a national research institute with an international reputation.
- You will play an important role in national and international networks and partnerships in the broad demographic field and promote interdisciplinary cooperation with universities and other Academy and NWO institutes.
- You will position the Institute with the bodies that fund research (including EU, NWO), knowledge institutions, civil-society institutions, government institutions and the business community, and by doing so create new partnerships.
- You will give further shape to the long-term cooperation with the University of Groningen, partly in order to strengthen the social research priorities of the University.
- You will represent the Institute both within the Academy (as a member of the Council of Directors) and in national and international bodies, thus representing the interests of both the Institute and the Academy.
The appointment is for a period of five years with effect from 1 November 2020, with the intention of reappointment for a second and final term of five years. Depending on education and work experience, the person appointed will be remunerated at scale 18 (of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), including 8% holiday allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary. The Academy has a comprehensive package of fringe benefits. Female candidates are emphatically invited to apply. In the event of a number of applicants being equally suitable, the Academy – given its aim to achieve diversity – will give preference to a female candidate.
Send your application with a curriculum vitae to the Academy stating: Director NIDI.
For more information about the position, please contact Mieke Zaanen, Director General of the Academy. Telephone: +31 (0)20 551 0721. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website NIDI-KNAW: https://www.nidi.knaw.nl/nl, website Academy: www.knaw.nl
Selection interviews will take place on 4 March 2020 (first round) and 3 April 2020 (second round). The selection procedure may involve an assessment.
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.
Web site for additional job details
- You are an internationally recognised and authoritative scientist who acts as the figurehead of the NIDI at home and abroad.
- You are active in research and present results for the scientific forum. You have a large national and international network and are demonstrably able to use it to form strategic alliances and acquire grants for research.
- You have a strategic mindset and managerial insight and the capacity to inspire and stimulate and to present vision and policy transparently.
- You have demonstrable leadership skills and are able to lead a team of professionals as a primus inter pares.
- You have an eye for what is taking place within the organisation, you are people-oriented, accessible and able to implement changes. In doing so you bring parties together.
- You have integrity, are result-oriented and decisive and show dynamism.
- You have knowledge and experience in the field of finance and personnel management.
- You have a good command of English, both spoken and written; foreign candidates are expected to become familiar with the Dutch language and culture within a reasonable period.
EURAXESS offer ID: 470171
Posting organisation offer ID: 288050
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.