RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/01/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › The Hague
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
As our new Training Coordinator, you will take the lead in developing and running high-quality interactive training opportunities such as workshops and webinars for our portfolio of funded projects. Your expertise will be critical to the success of network events organised by LIBER.
Planning & Delivery of Training
- Lead the development of high-quality training strategies, skills’ frameworks, learning materials, training methods and tools for library staff and researchers, in collaboration with network partners;
- Prepare cost estimates and manage budgets throughout the planning and execution of individual events;
- Take care of all logistical aspects (e.g., necessary materials, facilities);
- Participate directly in the delivery of the training;
- Connect training activities of projects with activities targeting LIBER institutions.
- Proactively promote training opportunities on social media, websites and through other available channels, in an effective and timely manner;
- Widely promote key outcomes, tools and messages resulting from training activities;
- Contribute information about training activities to LIBER publications, including strategic updates and the Annual Report.
Assessment & Reporting
- Maintain records of session participants (in accordance with GDPR) and materials used;
- Measure and report on training effectiveness through surveys, evaluation forms, KPIs, narrative reports, project deliverables and other methods;
- Report on all activities to the Executive Director.
- Represent LIBER in project meetings and at external events;
- Undertake other duties, as needed within the Office.
We offer you:
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team;
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work;
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Salary — Scale 9. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2.865 to maximum gross €3.949 per month depending on experience, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits — An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment. All LIBER staff enjoy 42 days of annual leave (based on a full-time contract).
- Reports to — the Executive Director.
- Location — LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague.
- Hours of Work — 100%, 40 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment — A 1-year contract will be offered initially. An extension will be possible, depending on performance.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, as well as regular travelling is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position - by email or by using the application form below - using ‘Training Coordinator’ in the subject line. You must have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, starting 9 December until the position is filled. We aim to hold interviews no later than mid-January.
Make sure to apply no later than 7 Jan 2020 23:59 (Europe/Amsterdam).
For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen.
Web site for additional job details
- A degree in a relevant area (e.g. Education, Library and Information Science, etc) and a minimum of three years’ of relevant work experience;
- A strong understanding of LIBER’s network, its needs and key topics such as Open Science;
- Ability to work independently, to be creative and flexible, to prioritise a heavy workload, meet targets and to hold self and others to account;
- Adept at translating complex issues for different audiences;
- Knowledge of training platforms and building training networks;
- Comfortable using social media and updating website content;
- Working within European-funded projects and within an international environment;
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management, and working with a team;
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Preferably You Also Have Knowledge Of:
- Train-the-trainer activities;
- Various domains: specifically, Social Sciences and Humanities, and Citizen Science;
- Another European language.
EURAXESS offer ID: 470170
Posting organisation offer ID: 288056
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.