RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/12/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Gent
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
→ Apply until 17/12/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE39 - Department of Public Health and Primary Care
→ AAP temporary appointment - 50%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201909/GE39/AS/047
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- You spend at least 50% of the assignment on scientific research in the context of the preparation of a doctoral dissertation in the field of nursing science.
- You provide assistance with the teaching of the department, specifically in the Master in Nursing and Midwifery study programme (organization, supervision and evaluation of practical exercises and seminars), including in courses Methodology: qualitative and quantitative research for healthcare, Qualitative research in advanced healthcare, Research methodology for nursing / midwifery: research proposal and Literature research in Nursing / Midwifery / GGZ, Academic reflection on work experience, Quality assurance and EvidenceInformed Practice.
- You support the development and rollout of the new training program and innovative forms of education for facilitating distance learning, the further development of clinical specializations and the international dimension of the education.
- In addition, you also offer assistance to initiatives related to lifelong learning and educational activities with the professional field and alumni.
- As stipulated in the regulations, the half-time mandate will in practice be supplemented to full-time, either with an additional (50%) appointment as scientific staff, or because you perform an additional (50%) professional activity that contributes to the scientific research in the specified domain.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master's degree in Nursing and Midwifery or equivalent. A certificate of equivalence from NARIC must be submitted for diplomas obtained outside the European Union. The degree conditions must be met on the date of appointment;
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Nursing or equivalent;
- You are interested in scientific and / or projectbased research and services in nursing science;
- You have didactic and communicative skills;
- Experience with qualitative research methods is recommended;
- Teaching experience within nursing science and / or nursing and participation in inservice training, conferences, etc. are recommended;
- Experience with developing and using innovative didactic forms of work and education (such as digital learning environment, blended learning) is recommended;
- Experience in mental health nursing is recommended.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment. This appointment can be renewed twice for two years, subject to a favorable evaluation of the past term. Please note: If you have already been appointed as an assistant or doctoral fellow at a university in the Flemish Community, this will be deducted from the maximum appointment duration that, according to the Codex Higher Education, is a maximum of 6 years.
- Your appointment will start on 1 February 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year for a fulltime employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV: your cv and application letter (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dimitri Beeckman (Dimitri.Beeckman@UGent.be, +32 09/+32 09 332 83 48).
EURAXESS offer ID: 470078
Posting organisation offer ID: 137510
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.