RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Ecology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/01/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bolzano
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Eurac Research is an interdisciplinary research center located in Bolzano, Italy. At the Institute for Alpine Environment we conduct problem-oriented research at the interface of ecology and society in mountain areas. The person we are looking for will support our team in the field of Ecosystem Services and Green Infrastructure within the Interreg Alpine Space Project “Linking Urban and Inner-alpine Green Infrastructure” (LUIGI).
The LUIGI project aims to recognize and valorize the joint benefits deriving from Green Infrastructure networks between mountain/rural and urban areas as well as their potential for sustainable economic development. The successful candidate will contribute in analyzing and mapping different Ecosystem Services (ES) in the projects’ pilot regions. This includes developing ES indicators, performing extended literature reviews and data collection. Moreover, she/he will be actively involved in general project management and financial/technical reporting.
- Literature review and analysis
- Data collection and harmonization, interviews
- ES indicator development and mapping
- (Spatial-)data management and metadata compilation
- Drafting of project reports and publications
- Financial reporting and general project management
- Master degree in ecology, geography, landscape planning or a related subject
- Excellent organizational, communication and social skills
- Ability to work autonomously, in a team and with project partners
- Proven experiences in EU-project management/collaboration
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English (written and spoken) and good command of German
- Ability to work independently with MS office and GIS software
- A full-time position for 12 months, renewable, that is to be filled as soon as possible
- An interesting scope of tasks in cooperation with international partners and stakeholders
- The opportunity to work in a young and motivated team
- Attractive living and working conditions
- Flexible working hours
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 06.01.2020 to the following e-mail address:
Institute for Alpine Environment
Tel: +39 0471 055 333 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 399
For further information please contact Lukas Egarter Vigl – firstname.lastname@example.org : Tel: +39 0471 055 303
The project LUIGI (Linking Urban and Inner-alpine Green Infrastructure) CUP - D54I18000390007 is financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Interreg Alpine Space Program, and by national public contributions.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize EURAC to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.
EURAXESS offer ID: 470069
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.