ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Esch-sur-Alzette
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education within the Research Unit IPSE at the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning for a
Postdoctoral researcher (M/F) – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning
- Réf : 50015487
- Fixed-term contract from 01.03.2020 until 31.01.2023
- 20 hours/week (increasing the working hours might be possible)
- Employee status
- Starting date: 01.03.2020
The overall objective of the contract is to support and contribute to the H2020 project MIMY - EMpowerment through liquid Integration of Migrant Youth in vulnerable conditions which evaluates the integration of young migrants and focuses on their empowerment.
The project is coordinated by the University of Luxembourg. The project is composed of a multidisciplinary team including 12 European institutions.
The research associate will work on the H2020 research project MIMY based at the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning under the supervision of Professor Birte Nienaber, he/she will:
- Analyse the integration policies and strategies at the EU level, national level and local level;
- Conduct qualitative semi-structured and in-depth interviews in Luxembourg with key stakeholders as well as with young migrants to analyse: 1) factors fostering or hindering integration processes of young migrants, and; 2) how diverse social actors and institutions can support the agency of young migrants;
- Conduct a series of focus groups with relevant migrants’ communities in Luxembourg;
- Organize participatory action research in cooperation with peer researchers.
- Support the coordination of the H2020 project;
- Participate in consortium meetings;
- Pro-actively support the dissemination and communication strategies of the project;
- Publish academic articles in peer-reviewed journals.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber
Tel: +352 466644-9318
Profile and Skills:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Geography, Migration Studies, Sociology or any other related field;
- Extensive experience in conducting qualitative interviews and focus groups;
- Experience in participatory action research methods
- Knowledge of the field of migration studies and integration studies;
- Ability to establish contacts at national and international level;
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent capacities in the use of common computer software (Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and excellent spoken skills in French;
- Communication skills in Portuguese and/or Arabic (spoken) would be an advantage.
As the candidate will have to work in a multilingual context, he/she must be fluent in English (written and spoken) and French (spoken). Knowledge of Portuguese or Arabic will be considered as an advantage.
- The research associate with PhD will work in the international environment of the University of Luxembourg and will be member of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
- He/She will have the opportunity to work closely with migration experts in Europe.
- He/She will work with an international team on an ambitious European project.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation in English;
- Curriculum vitae in English;
- Copies of diplomas.
Please apply online until 09 December 2019:
The University is an equal opportunity employer.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/2cvgx
EURAXESS offer ID: 470020
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.