RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Klagenfurt
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE09/01/2020
Looking for an exciting PhD position in networked embedded systems?
The Pervasive Computing group of Bernhard Rinner has an opening for a research and teaching staff member position (Universitätsassistent / Universitätsassistentin). Tasks include research on novel solutions for networked and embedded systems (e.g. for sensor networks and robot and drone systems) and teaching tutorial courses in information and communications engineering at bachelor and/or master level. The application deadline of this four-year position is January 08, 2020.
Expected starting date is as soon as possible!
The monthly minimum salary for this position as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is € 2.864,50 (pre-tax, 14 x per year), but may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
The university strives at raising the number of female scientific staff members and therefore specifically invites women to apply. In case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
All relevant documents for the application (including copies of all school certificates and performance records) must be submitted via the online application form www.aau.at/obf of Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt no later than January 8, 2020, indicating reference code 688-1/19.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/jobs/information. Additional information on the Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems is available on https://nes.aau.at or by contacting Professor Bernhard Rinner (+43 463 2700 3670). Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application procedure cannot be reimbursed.
Required qualifications: (to be fulfilled no later than January 8, 2020)
- Master degree in electrical engineering, information and communications engineering, computer science or related fields graded with “good” or better
- Profound knowledge and experience in at least two of the following fields: camera and sensor networks, robot and drone systems, algorithms, multi-agent systems, digital systems, communication protocols and computer architectures
- Programming skills in C/C++, Matlab, VHDL, Python or Java
- Technical and didactic competence for teaching fundamentals of digital circuits or sensor networks
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluent in written and spoken German
- Social and communicative competences and ability to work in a team
- First relevant scientific publications (beyond the master thesis)
- Relevant international experience
- Commitment to high-quality teaching and research
EURAXESS offer ID: 469971
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.