ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Process engineeringTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/12/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
The department of biotechnology at BOKU is currently seeking a Postgraduate Research Associate (PhD student).
We offer a position in the working group "Cell and tissue culture technologies", co-supervised by the Institute of Chemistry of Renewable Resources.
The working group is associated with the following research topics:
- development of novel strategies and procedures for stem cell isolation, expansion and differentiation (mesenchymal and hematopoietic stem and precursor cells)
- development of cellulose hydro-/aerogels for 3D cell culture and tissue engineering applications
- chemical modification of cellulose for the optimisation of cell culture conditions
- morphological tailoring of cellulose-based matrix materials for the optimisation of cellular expansion and differentiation
- supercritical carbon dioxide in biopolymer processing
- supercritical carbon dioxide in tissue decellularization
- chemical and physical analysis of biomaterials
- cultivation of 3D tissue structures including human stem cells
- design and optimization of bioreactor systems for 3D cell culture under different process conditions
- integration of suitable analysis systems and sensors
- stem cell products
The applicant should have interest, profound knowledge and basic practical experience in cell culture, and working with primary cells and cell lines.
Routine work will include:
- coordination of scientific work
- preparation of the results for presentations / posters / lectures / and publications
- Literature recherche
- collaboration in the preparation of applications for funding
- establishing/working according to SOPs
- planning of experiments, implementation of analytical methods and assessment of results, writing of reports and protocols
- completed studies in biology, chemistry, life sciences, biotechnology or comparable
- experience in working with human cell cultures and cell culture technology (a focus on 3D cell culture including the use of 3D biomaterials ins of advantage)
- knowledge in chemistry of biomaterials
- experiences with bioreactor systems, technical equipment and connection to control systems / data collection
- experiences with chemical modification of biopolymers such as cellulose and the fabrication of hydrogels and aerogels
- experiences with the application of supercritical fluids for the generation of aerogels
- experiences in biomaterial characterization
- very good knowledge of English
- independent work, planning and coordination of scientific work
- ability to guide students
- very good MS-Office knowledge and willingness to learn new software
- knowledge of biochemistry, cell biology, bioprocessing, process engineering, as well as chemistry and chemistry of biomaterials
- methodological competence: project management, quality management (for example GMP) and presentation techniques (posters, lectures)
- supporting seminars and internships
- control of cell biology analysis methods (e.g. immunofluorescence, histology, flow cytometry, micro-CT, PCR, Raman spectroscopy, Western blot)
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1, € 2.148,40
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please send your job application to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 203)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 469959
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.