ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Politècnica de València
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Programming
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Valencia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER860627
Candidates are invited for a full-time Early Stage Researcher/PhD student position within the EU-funded Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network, “CLARIFY – CLoud ARtificial Intelligence For pathologY”, Grant Agreement number 860627.
This position is one of the 12 ESR positions of the CLARIFY project. CLARIFY is an innovative, multinational, multi-sectorial, and multidisciplinary research and training programme that links two highly differentiated specialities: engineering and medicine, with a focus on digital pathology. For more information visit www.clarify-project.eu .
ESR7’s Project Title: Deep learning for spitzoid melanocytic lesion (SML) characterization
Objectives: To develop new algorithms based on deep learning disciplines for melanocytic lesion characterization. ESR7 will 1) apply different kind of deep neural networks to differentiate between healthy and pathological tissue. If the tissue is pathological, ESR7 will also distinguish between well-stablished types of spitzoid melanocytic lesions ; 2) train deep neural networks (DNN) for detection of clinically controversial spitzoid melanocytic cases with variable malignant potential; and 3) obtain the features automatically learned by the DNN in the classification carried out in 2.
The ESR will have his/her main workplace at the Universitat Politècnica de València (Valencia, Spain) but mandatory secondment periods at different partner institutions are also required.
Planned secondment(s): ROCHE (M11,M24,M34): Commercial digital pathology applications and good practices for WSI acquisition and processing; INCLIVA (M12-M13): Clinical knowledge for diagnosis of SML; UVA (M17-M19): Requirements of cloud-based algorithms.
- Full-time 3-year contract with a highly competitive and attractive salary according to regulations of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions for Early Stage Researchers.
- Mobility allowance. Contribution to household, relocation and travel expenses to/from home country.
- Family allowance (if applicable). Cost of moving with the family to the recruitment country. Family’ means persons linked to the researcher by marriage (or a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the legislation of the country where this relationship was formalised) or dependent children who are actually being maintained by the researcher.
Applicants, at the date of recruitment, must comply with the following conditions:
- be in the first four years* of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree.
- not have resided in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country).
* is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited. Master students who finish the master in 2019-2020 could apply for CLARIFY positions if they include a letter of commitment to ensure the master’s conclusion in 2019-2020 and their enrolment in a PhD program in 2020-2021. The breach of this commitment will be grounds for contract termination.
Motivation letter and CVs must be sent by email to: email@example.com
In case of being interested in more than one CLARIFY ESR’s position, note that candidates can apply to a maximum of three CLARIFY’s positions and should rank them based on their preferences. This information must be included in the application.
We are looking for engineers with strong academic background and interest in image processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning. Specifically, we are interested on people with:
- Strong motivation and potential for research within the field
- Background in computer vision and artificial intelligence
- Experiences on machine learning and deep learning.
- Fluent oral and written English
- Excellent communication skills.
Applicants must have completed a master’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other relevant disciplines. ESR7 will enrol in Universitat Politècnica de València’s Doctoral School in Technologies for Health and Wellbeing.
EURAXESS offer ID: 469519
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.