ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidade de Vigo
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Administrative sciencesEconomics › Applied economicsEconomics › Business economicsEconomics › Cyclical economicsEconomics › EconometricsEconomics › Economic theoryEconomics › Environmental economicsEconomics › Financial scienceEconomics › Fishery economyEconomics › Health economicsEconomics › Industrial economicsEconomics › Labour market economicsEconomics › MacroeconomicsEconomics › Management studiesEconomics › MarketingEconomics › MicroeconomicsEconomics › OtherEconomics › Production economicsEconomics › Tourism studiesPsychological sciences › Behavioural sciencesSociology › Social changesSociology › Social shaping of technologySociology › Socio-economic researchSociology › Sociology of enterprise
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/12/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Vigo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2020
The Department of Education, Universities, and Training of Xunta de Galicia is preparing a call of research contracts, on a competitive process, to attract and retain research talent in the category of distinguished research staff in the University System of Galicia (SUG).
The call for the «Research Talent Attraction Program» will allow the submission of a maximum of 10 applications per Galician University. Therefore, the University of Vigo launches a process of pre-selection in order to prepare the applications to compete with the rest of Galician Universities.
The objective of this pre-selection process opened by ECOBAS is to select 2 research candidates to submit an application to this call.
Characteristics of the contracts
Each contract will consist of the hiring of a distinguished researcher for a maximum of 4 years, not extendable
The maximum annual amount of each grant is € 90.000:
- € 50.000 in salary and social costs
- € 40.000 for the development of the research line (20% of indirect costs will be subtracted from this amount)
According to the call, these contracts will take into account the relative weight of women in the proposals presented in order to enhance their number and to reduce the imbalance between women and men researchers in the SUG.
Deadline for submission and documentation
The deadline for applications ends on December 16, at 23.59h.
Applications must include this documentation:
- Application form according to the model provided, in which the 5 most relevant merits of his/her research career should be highlighted.
- Copy of ID or passport.
- Copy of the doctor's degree.
- Declaration of the postdoctoral experience (4 years) according to the model provided.
- Declaration of not having been hired by any Galician public investigation organism in the previous 24 months according to the model provided.
- Summary of CV merits.
- Curriculum vitae, preferably according to the standardized model on the website https://cvn.fecyt.es/.
The forms can be downloaded here.
The documentation must be sent to email@example.com, indicating in the subject of the message 'Research Talent Atraction - ECOBAS'
Selected candidates will have to prove postdoctoral experience and justify the presented merits.
The applications will be evaluated by ECOBAS Commission in according to the following scale:
- Scientific contributions: 0 to 40 points.
- Participation in R+D+ i programs, projects or contracts: 0 to 15 points.
- Other curricular merits: 0 to 5 points. Any other contribution not included in the previous sections, including scientific dissemination activities, will be assessed.
- Leadership ability: 0 to 20 points.
Once the candidatures have been evaluated, the ECOBAS Commission will publish the results of the preselection process, including the name of the selected candidates with the score obtained and a waiting list ordered by the score.
To finalize the process, the University of Vigo will publish a list of the 10 selected candidates and will start to collaborate with them to submit applications to the «Research Talent Attracting Program». It should be taken into account that a selected candidate may only apply for a single Galician university.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Those interested in submitting an application must accomplish the following requirements:
- Being in possession of a doctoral degree, obtained after January 1, 2007. In case of having more than one PhD, this requirement shall refer to the first obtained.In the case of foreign titles, the candidate must prove the corresponding equivalence certificate or present the credential of the doctoral degree approval, at the time of signing the contract.
- Having a minimum of 4 years of postdoctoral experience, of which at least two years must be abroad (stays in the country of birth, or nationality, nor in which the candidate obtained the bachelor's degree, or equivalent will be taken into account)
- Not having been hired by a SUG university or another Galician research center under any contract modality in the previous 24 months to the deadline for submitting applications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 469441
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.