ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry › Physical chemistryComputer sciencePhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/02/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER847413
The Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPC), the top research entity in Poland, invites applications for a position of Postdoctoral fellow (up to 15 positions) to join: “From Postdoc to PI: the future leaders of ERA” (PD2PI).
“From Postdoc to PI: the future leaders of ERA” (PD2PI) is a novel programme of IPC dedicated to postdoctoral fellows with main focus on broadly understood chemistry with its links to medicine/biology and physics. IPC will select up to 15 Postdoc fellows to carry out own interdisciplinary research projects with the support of selected (by a candidate) mentors from IPC and excellent partner organizations (e.g. Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne, Radboud University, Queen Mary University London, Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research). Candidates are free to choose research field from IPC offer and prepare own research proposal. Proposals will be the subject of peer-review (evaluation by external experts). PD2PI applies 3-i approach (i.e. intersectoral/-national/-disciplinary). The training research programme is tailored-made (based on individual Career Development Plans). The fellows will manage own budget, take care of junior researchers (as an option) to gain experience in management & co-supervision.
The postdoctoral programme is funded by the EC under the MSCA programme (COFUND). Start of the fellowship is envisaged on May – December, 2020 (fellowship duration: 3-36 months, consistent with research proposal submitted by a candidate).
The successful candidate will be offered inter alia:
- employment contract (3-36 months) – full time position
- attractive salary (monthly ca. EUR 2,255 net + family allowance)
- budget for research, trainings & travels (up to EUR 1,400 per month)
- secondment option to partner institutions
- access to numerous interdisciplinary professional (incl. specialized & soft skills) trainings - in line with Individual Career Development Plan
- private medical package + other perks.
For the full remuneration package see: ADDITIONAL INFO.
For admission criteria see: REQUIREMENTS.
- Research proposal, and an abstract,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- scan of PhD diploma or other documents proving 4-year full time equivalent research experience,
- letter of support of at least 1 mentor from IPC and 1 from another research organization,
- consent to the processing of the candidate's personal data for the purpose of the competition & declaration that a candidate is an Experienced researcher fulfilling Mobility criterion.
Candidates for the PD2PI programme are invited to submit applications using application module by the 31st of January, 2020. Call resolution: April 2020. The programme is co-financed from H2020 (Marie Sklodowska-Curie, Cofund-FP) and funds of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
For appeal proceedings please see: PD2PI website.
The Institute is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement. We always provide feedback and opportunity to appeal in you don’t agree with call results.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 847413.
The due gross salary of EUR 3,836 + family allowance of EUR 200 (ca. EUR 2,255 - 2,372 net, i.e. after all deductions) will be paid monthly.
The Institute will also contribute to the cost of postdoctoral fellows travels, research and trainings (EUR 1,400 per month**).
** In line with research budget in line with the accepted proposal, not more than EUR 1,400 per month.
The PD2PI fellows, their spouses and children will be included in the public healthcare system. They will also be eligible for additional private healthcare package. IPC also offers support in application for work permit, finding accommodation (e.g. IPC hotel for PhD students), schools/ kindergartens/ nursery for children, and access to free Polish language courses.
The PD2PI fellows will also be entitled to profit from the IPC Social Fund – i.e. system of favourable loans for employees, and integration and cultural events for the IPC community (i.e. free tickets, integration picnics, possibility to join PhD students’ self-government).
For the full details on selection process see here.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalentBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Main admission criteria:
- Mobility – researcher has not resided or carried out their main activity in Poland or in the country of the selected Partner organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- PhD – possession of doctoral degree in chemistry, physics, materials science/engineering, biotechnology or related fields; or a formal document stating that the scheduled date of PhD thesis defence is prior to the call deadline, or documents confirming that a candidate has at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience prior to the call deadline.
- Project eligibility under the PD2PI (e.g. project length 3 – 36 months, starting date – 2020).
For the full list of assessment criteria see: here.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 467226
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.