ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/12/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2020
REFERENCE NUMBERThe Emerging Human Brain Cluster (Clúster Emergent del Cervell Humà - CECH). Co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Applications are invited for a full-time project management position in The Emerging Human Brain Cluster (Clúster Emergent del Cervell Humà - CECH). The successful candidate would be integrated in the Center for Brain and Cognition (CBC) https://www.upf.edu/web/cbc and will assist the scientific coordinator, Prof. Salvador Soto-Faraco, head of the CBC Multisensory Reseach group, https://www.upf.edu/web/mrg Candidates with appropriate backgrounds in research project management are encouraged to apply. The position implies "exclusive dedication"
The Emerging Human Brain Cluster is part of the call for proposals for the allocation of co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to groups in emerging technologies for the development of valorisation projects and research transfer projects.
We seek candidates with solid experience managing research projects, preferably in the area of cognitive neuroscience and cognitive psychology.
The tasks that the successful candidate will carry out are framed within the coordination project, Project 0 – Coordination, activity 1, Scientific Coordination.
- support the scientific coordinator, Prof. Salvador Soto-Faraco, in the scientific supervision of the CECH
- assist with project monitoring, reporting (internally and to the funding institute) and guaranteeing the correct development of the project globally
- specifically, assist the scientific coordinator in assuring that the project objectives are met
- assist in assuring that contractual obligations are met and consortium agreement is followed
- assist in the communication with the sub-project leaders to help assure that they carry out all required tasks and meet objectives
-help sub-project leaders coordinate the different institutions in their sub-projects
- help with the organization of project meetings with the scientific coordinator and sub-project leaders
- help detect and take measures to correct any project deviations
- interact with the UPF Research Service for the economic/administrative management of the project
- interact with UPF Technology Transfer Service
- assist with technology valorization and technology transfer activities
- assist with Communication and Dissemination activities
Candidate’s minimum requirements:
-experience as a project manager in R&D (2 years minimum experience expected)
-a proven ability to prioritise a varied workload and to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
-high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
-proactive, flexible and problem-solving attitude.
-team player and ability to work independently.
-excellent communication and inter-personal skills, including written communication.
-excellent level of English
-experience as a project manager in Neuroscience.
-experience as a project manager in a interdisciplinary, international research environment
The Center for Brain and Cognition is a highly interdisciplinary and active research environment. The position will be renewable on a yearly basis for up to 3 years. Information about the research center: www.upf.edu/web/cbc
How to apply: How to apply: Please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by December 20, 2019 and mention that you are applying to ProjectManagerCBC FEDER in the subject line.
This position is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Conditions: Starting date: 1 January 2020
Duration of employment: 1 year. The position could be renewable.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019 and mention that you are applying to ProjectManagerCBC FEDER in the subject line. If you have not been contacted within a month, you are not on the shortlist and your application is not being considered.
Project and Institution that finances the program:
The Emerging Human Brain Cluster (Clúster Emergent del Cervell Humà - CECH). Co-financing from the European Regional Development
Duration of employment: 1 month. This could be renewable.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
First Stage researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD))
EURAXESS offer ID: 466867
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.