ORGANISATION/COMPANYDanube University Krems
RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureCultural studiesHistory
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/02/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Krems an der Donau
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38,5
Danube University Krems
Danube University Krems is Europe's leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 8,000 students from more than 90 countries are enrolled in Master's studies and brief programmes offered parallel to employment.
At Danube University Krems the following vacancy needs to be filled:
Professorship in World Heritage and Protection of Cultural Property as defined in Section 99 of the Austrian Universities Act [Universitätsgesetz/UG] 2002
38.5 hours/week Advertisement No. SB19-0107
The advertised professorship is established at the Department for Building and Environment at the Faculty of Education, Arts and Architecture and will be offered for a term of five years as a professorship as defined in Section 99 UG.
As part of university teaching and research the department deals with the preservation and development for utilisation of architectural cultural heritage with a focus on world heritage sites and the protection of cultural property. The approach to the specific field is understood to be interdisciplinary, which means that collaboration with other faculties and departments will form a material part of the work.
General job description and profile:
The tasks of the university professor include dedicated representation of the field at a national and an international level, raising of third-party funds and soliciting of research projects, as well as continuous development of teaching activities in the area of world heritage and protection of cultural property.
The qualifications required for the position are as follows:
- University degree with a substantive relation to UNESCO world heritage and protection of cultural property
- Professorial thesis or equivalent qualification with a substantive relation to world heritage and protection of cultural property
- Documented publication work in the field
- Competences in relevant participation in international project consortiums
- Experience in university teaching in Austria and abroad
- Experience in national and international organisations that are relevant to the topic
- Successful third-party fundraising at a national and an international level
- Command of other languages, in particular English and French
In addition, the following skills and competences would be desirable:
- Well-founded knowledge of several areas in this field and experience in interdisciplinary collaboration
- International professional networking and experience in working on bodies
- Experience in university structures in teaching and research
- Experience in the development of lecture courses in postgraduate teaching
- Intercultural and social competences, as well es highly developed communication and team skills
- Ability to think holistically and to see correlations
Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle. At the same time Danube University Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given priority.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who possess the required qualifications.
The professor will be appointed for a limited term of five years according to the appointment procedure laid down in Section 99 UG 2002.
The minimum gross salary according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations of Danube University Krems (W1/1) amounts to EUR 5,463.22 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis).
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application by 29 February 2020 to the Rectorate of Danube University Krems, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30, 3500 Krems, by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact the Rectorate on +43 2732 893-2210 if you have any questions. Please enclose the data sheet with your application, which is retrievable from:
EURAXESS offer ID: 466457
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.