ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Konstanz
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/12/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Konstanz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2020
Doctoral Position in Sociology (f/m/d)
(part-time 65%, Salary Scale E 13 TV-L)
Job Offer No. 2019/311. The start date is April 1st, 2020 or by agreement. The position is available for three years.
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The position is available as part of a project funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) on Personality or social environment? Which factors help young women to remain in the “leaky tech pipeline”? We investigate which factors lead (1) female students in engineering and technology subjects to leave for other fields and (2) graduates of these subjects to decide against working in the field of engineering and technology. The analyses are based mainly on the student survey of the German National Educational Panel Study (NEPS, SC 5). The project is conducted jointly with the Friedrich-Schiller University Jena, Prof. Dr. Leuze. The advertised position is located at the University of Konstanz in the working group on “Sociology with a focus on gender studies”, Prof. Dr. Strauss.
- Preparation and analysis of panel data (NEPS, SC 5)
- Presentation of research results at (inter-)national conferences
- Contribution to project-related publications
- General project administrative tasks
- Completion of a PhD thesis
- M.A. in sociology or related subject of social sciences (master)
- Very good skills in quantitative methods of empirical social research
- Very good skills in a statistical computer program (esp. Stata)
- Previous experiences with analyzing panel data are advantageous
- Very good English language skills are desirable
- An open and motivated research team
- A working group with several research projects on gender inequality
- Contact to the international and interdisciplinary research environment of the Excellence Cluster ‘The Politics of Inequality’
- The possibility for completing a PhD thesis
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Susanne Strauss via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone + 49 (0)7531 / 88 – 3952. We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents by 17th December 2019 via our Online Application Portal.
Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016). The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/).
EURAXESS offer ID: 465030
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.