RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Database managementComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/02/2020 17:00 - Europe/London
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER801522
Do you want to advance your career as a researcher in ICT and have access to top class training and development opportunities? Do you want to gain international and inter-sectoral recognition and develop new ICT products and services? Have you recently finished your PhD and would like to continue your ICT studies into a post-doc level? Then this is a great opportunity for you to become a leader in ICT and help drive the innovation and standards agenda.
ELITE-S is a European research initiative to train and develop the next generation of ICT leaders in Europe. Participation in ELITE-S calls offers candidates several unique benefits:
- Candidates are free to define the content of their proposal according to their own research interests within the research topics below.
- You will be a part of a team of researchers from 6 top Irish Host Institutions.
- Robust research and training programme to enhance your skills and employability.
- Widen your international network creating significant long term impact.
- Address EU priorities: 5G, Internet of Things, cloud computing, cybersecurity and data technologies.
- Competitive salary and benefits
The programme is based at the ADAPT Centre (DCU) and will offer 16 prestigious two-year fellowships for incoming mobility to Ireland across two calls over the 60 months’ duration of the programme. Fellowships will be targeted to experienced researchers (ER) and will be offered in the 28 technology and application areas:
- Data Technologies
- Trust and e-Signatures
- Machine Learning
- Semantic Web
- Long Term Data Preservation
- Data Governance
- IT Service Management
- Data Quality and Master Data
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- Open and Big Data
- Data and Process management
- Content Analytics and Preservation
- Regulations and Compliance
- Digital Health
- Digital Government
- Digital Content
- Smart Cities
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Transport
Projects in these areas can speed up digitisation and have an immediate impact on competitiveness in domains such as eHealth, intelligent transport systems and connected/automated vehicles, smart homes and cities, and advanced manufacturing. If you have a project in one of these areas, we would like to hear from you!
About the ADAPT Centre
The ADAPT Centre, funded by Science Foundation Ireland focuses on developing next generation digital technologies that transform how people communicate by helping to analyse, personalise and deliver digital data more effectively for businesses and individuals. ADAPT researchers are based in four leading universities: Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, University College Dublin and Technological University Dublin. ADAPT's transformative tools allow you explore video, text, speech and image data in a natural way across languages and devices, helping companies unlock opportunities that exist within digital content to re-imagine how to connect people, process and data to realise new economic value.
ELITE-S Fellows will be offered fixed-term or specific purpose Research Fellow employment contracts from the host institution of their Supervisor for the duration of the fellowship.
- Living Allowance: € 45,120.00 per year
- Mobility allowance: € 7,200.00 per year
- Family Allowance: € 6,000.00 per year*
- Fellows will receive management and technical support
*Check "Guide for Applicants" for more information on Mobility and Family allowances.
- Have a Doctoral degree or 4-year Full-time research experience;
- Be of any nationality and gender;
- Be a researcher with career breaks or;
- Be a researcher with non-traditional career path (research experience and no doctoral degree) or;
- Be a researcher at Risk (Researcher displaced by conflict);
- NOT have resided or carried out their main activity in the Republic of Ireland for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to call deadline. A relaxed mobility is applied for career restart and reintegration (check the "Guide for Applicants" for more information)
The following stages will take place once the call closes:
- Stage 1 - Eligibility check - applications will first be checked for completeness, ethics, and eligibility, using their eligibility statement and cross-check to the CV
- Stage 2: International Peer Review Process* - All eligible applications will undergo independent, international peer review. Each proposal will be evaluated by three independent assessors. Applications will be scored and ranked according the ELITE-S Assessment Criteria
- Stage 3: Interview* - The set of top ranked applicants will be invited - interviews will last up to 60 min.
- Stage 4: Fellowship award**
*A minimum threshold of 70% must be reached in order to move to the next stage.
**Check the "Guide for applicants" for the overall composition of the final score.
A complete application consists of:
- Completed Parts A, B and C available on the ELITE-S website. Part D is only required for applicants who have indicated potential ethical issues in Part A. Templates must be followed.
- Part A – Administrative Information (contains Ethics Issues Table and email/letter of support from supervisor)
- Part B – Proposal (max. 10 pages)
- Part C – CV (max. 5 pages)
- Part D – Ethics Self-Assessment
- Applicants must confirm that they have considered and reported all ethical issues and agree to the programme Terms & Conditions. Applicants must indicate the project’s thematic area (from the table of ELITE-S Research themes, technology and application areas), and indicate up to 5 keywords. Part B will contain a 2000-character proposal summary.
- All documents must be uploaded as a PDF file using the template available on the ELITE-S website which applicants must follow. These are based on the MSCA Individual Fellowships (IF) template. Instructions are included in each of the templates to assist you when writing your proposal to make sure you include all the necessary information required in the programme.
- Letter or e-mail of support from the academic supervisor to be included in Part A.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 464982
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.