ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCH FIELDArchitecture › DesignEngineeringPhysics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/12/2019 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK16
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the historical, architectural analysis, environmental monitoring and energy performance simulation of built heritage. The successful candidate, will be responsible for the environmental and energy analyses of buildings, as well as the material and structure survey of historic constructions. Also, s/he will be responsible for the cost evaluation of interventions for conservation purposes, as well as for the analysis of active and passive energy efficiency technologies compatible with built heritage, and will be asked to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise, and to identify and pursue opportunities for further research development. Finally, the successful candidate will be required to have a good knowledge of the state of the art analysis on building performance simulation of historic buildings and to contribute to capacity building activities regarding the update of policies by the public authorities.
The appointment will be on a part-time time basis, initially for a fixed-term period, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities
- Survey of historical buildings and architectural heritage for research purposes.
- Retrofit design and implementation.
- Creating simulations of building performance for energy efficiency.
- Environmental monitoring and energy simulation for energy retrofit, and conservation of heritage buildings.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest and a list of three references (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr George Artopoulos (email@example.com). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Applicants should also submit, if available, a portfolio including work of design such as videos and websites to Dr George Artopoulos (abovementioned email).
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: George Artopoulos
Reference number: EEWRC_RA_19_15
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as architecture, design, building physics, engineering, etc.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in dynamic energy simulation tools, such as Design Builder is essential.
- Proven knowledge and experience in architectural conservation and retrofit.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal).
- Motivated, creative, resourceful, and solution oriented individual.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and writing
- Master’s degree in relevant fields will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with the iSBEMcy methodology will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with tools, instruments and technologies used for environmental and energy analyses, such as thermography, environmental monitoring and energy audit will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in architectural construction will be considered an advantage.
EURAXESS offer ID: 464718
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.